Equestrian Scale Modelers Society 51 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Hello, everybody!~ Tis I, the StallionWithTheMetalHoof, and I have a bit of a favor to ask of you tabletop wargamers. For my tech-writing class this semester, we have to create a technical document that we will propose to an actual client. This document can be anything: a manual for new employees, how to properly wet-shave with a strait-razor (yes, that was someone's project from a previous year), how to fix any problem with the airbags of a car so the guy who knew how to do it didn't have to come in the middle of the night, heck, one guy even created his own Harry Potter card game. Seeing as how I'm posting this here, you can probably see where I'm going with this.
My project is to create the core rules for a 28/30mm tabletop miniature wargame. It will include the rules on how to play the game, plus profiles for the basic units necessary to play the game from each of the five factions, ala Warmachine/Hordes. While I won't be creating any miniatures for the game (might save that for a kickstarter project, but I'll need some help if I do), I have several Roman legions' worth of 40k miniatures that it won't be too much of a hassle. We haven't begun our projects proper, but I've been doing some research by picking up the rules for the many of the more popular ones (specifically 40k, WH Fantasy, Age of Sigmar, Warmachine/Hordes, Dust Warfare, Infinity, and, hopefully, Malifaux if I can ever get my hands on a copy) and seeing what makes them tick.
However, I feel the best research for this subject will come from the players. So, tabletop gamers, what do you feel makes a good tabletop wargame? Explain why you think that is, and feel free to give some examples; I want to hear your opinions on this.

Yeesh, I sure can ramble.

Nova_Blast
Group Admin

5021694 I have to ask, did you find the answers/help you were looking for over at the WH40K group?

I ask because I'm going through a semi-regular clean up of this group, deleting any threads that haven't been active recently

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3