Bachmann V2

Hornby B1

Hornby K1

Hornby A4

Bachmann O4

Heljan O2

Heljan class 05

Heljan B.R. Waggon & Maschinenbau Diesel railcar

My wish list is indirectly related to the model trains, but consists of one big factor. Lucy Van Pelt said it best, as I remember from the Peanuts Christmas movie.

"Real Estate."

As it sits, I have lots of trains. Not enough, mind you, but plenty to hold me over until I can afford more. However, the one thing I don't have is space. I have a little 6x8 layout that works okay, but it's just not cutting the mustard. I want to expand, have a massive layout with scale miles of track long enough for a hundred car train, lots of rural and city scenes, industries to switch, etc.

And I just don't have space. My family does own the land that I would need for it, but building a steel building is not cheap. Someday I will do this, but it won't happen for a long time yet. Until then, I can stockpile structures, hone my modeling skills, and dream up visions for my layout. Model Railroad clubs can get me by until that time arrives, I suppose.

Nova_Blast
Group Admin

4554068 Aye, space is always at a premium when it comes to the wondrous(ly expensive) hobby of model railways.

I'll be having a 10ftx5ft layout, of an LNER two track mainline setting, but with train formations compressed to six coaches or 15 wagons+a brake van.

Selective compression taken to the extreme, i guess. I'll also have the freedom of having a tiny fiddle yard using a cassette system meaning the board holding it can be less than a foot wide

I simply get the complete formation from underneath the layout and lift it over to the fiddle yard.

Might i ask what some of the locos you have are, so as to get an impression of what area and era you model

4554560 I model the modern day western USA, mostly.

The Kato SD40-2. I have three of these babies, all in different paint schemes. Several Proto 2000 GP38-2's, a couple of Athearn RTR AC4400CW's, etc. You get the picture. Kato is most definitely my favorite company to buy locomotives from, and I usually get Athearn RTR rolling stock, though my collection is a mishmash of whatever I found that appealed to me from the time I was eight years old or so until present day. Hell, I must have blown several thousand dollars on model trains as a kid. I always saved my money until I could afford another train car or sometimes a locomotive.

I have a lot of trains that I want to buy, but the one locomotive I want to buy is the HO Scale UP 4014 Union Pacific Big Boy with the oil tender.

Railroad Brony
Group Admin

4552859 An Allegheny, a Shay, a Challenger, a Big Boy, a model of 844, an A-B-B-A set of Nickel Plate PA's.

Nova_Blast
Group Admin

4574494 PA? care to post a picture please?

Railroad Brony
Group Admin

4574557 ALCO PA-1 Nickel Plate 190. Built as AT&SF 62-L (No idea what the L means), then it became Delaware & Hudson 18, was sold to the Mexican National Railway with 3 other PAs. Two were brought back to the US, and former D&H 16 is going back to her AT&SF Warbonnet and her old number of 59-L.

The first time her prime mover had been fired up
There are 2 running in Mexico, and 1 in Brazil. No B units survive, IIRC. When her traction motors are hooked up, she will be the only running PA in North America. 59-L is being cosmetically restored.

Railroad Brony
Group Admin

4552859 Now that this group is open to all forms of modeling, I have some additions.

Bandai 1/500 Space Battleship Yamato kit

The Revell R/V Calypso kit

The Revell HMS Hood

The Airfix "Sink the Bismark" set

Nova_Blast
Group Admin

4597964 Fun fact: Schlachtkreuzer is German for "Battle Cruiser"

Nova_Blast
Group Admin

4597964 I have to ask, where did the whole deal with spaceship yamato come about?

Railroad Brony
Group Admin

5059819 Japan. all that needs to be said, really.

This is really late but the the special edition flying Scotsman with a face

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13