The Life of A Wanted Changeling Series! 83 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Down with Chrysalis
Group Admin

Looks like we've hit another meh episode folks, so sorry in advance!

Hey Hive Mind! DWC here with another episode review!

This episode starts off with Bugze getting a little mad at the Mane Six (besides Fluttershy) over how they continually treat him like the bad guy even through he's saved their lives! He list out how each of the them specifically treats him and he just can't wrap his head around why.

Wow, it's like you almost tried to kill them or something Bugze!

Ahem, anyway he starts to calm down when he thinks of Fluttershy and decides to stop thinking on about it least he gets another death ball to use. But a piece of his Grandbuggy's advice comes to mind about how you should always figure out exactly why someone is trying to kill you.

With that advice in mind Bugze sets out to find out why the Mane Six think he's always the bad guy (again, almost killed them) and after that avoid them like he does parties (long story).

Anyway, he figures by this time in Braeburns tour they should be at the cliff overlooking the apple fields so he makes his way out to there. On his way there, however, he sees a bunch of townsfolks loading pies into a crate marked 'Ammo.' For some reason (*cough*commenters*cough*) he gets a urge to let Nightshade eat all those pies. And since Bugze has no self control he gives into his urge and lets Nightshade eat a crate full of pies.

You know if this was based in a cartoon universe I would be worried about how much food Nightshade eats. But since it is based in a cartoon universe I say grab that cheery pie and dig in!

Anyway, 12 minutes later finds Bugze catching up with the others at the cliff overlooking the apple field. Now how in those 12 minutes the episode's plot didn't kick in, or what they were doing at the cliff for 12 minutes is beyond me. I blame my poor sense of time management skills!

So yeah he catches up to them right around the point in the canon episode where Applejack is trying to tell Braeburn about the stolen train car but he keeps interrupting her. Since this version of Applejack is more violent then her canon counterparts Bugze decides to save Braeburn from a beating by slapping him in the back of the head.

Good: +1 Stopped potential beating

Yes I'm adding a good point here. There's gonna be a lot of evil points coming up so I need as many good points as I can to balance things out.

Anyway so the episode goes as in canon, and when Braeburn talks about the buffalo problem Bugze is surprised and annoyed that no one told him about this!

Ahem, If I may direct you all to the embarrassing moment from the Episode 47 review:

Embarrassing Moment:

keeping a lookout for buffalo

This will make more sense in about two episodes.

Yeah....don't really need to explain this plot hole do I?

So Bugze decides to go to the buffalo camp himself to see what's going on. As he leaves he overhears a conversation between Twilight and Rarity about the Offender. Apparently Twilight believes that he has some sort of mind control spell to make ponies like him and think that he saved them to have a endless supply of love.

She also tells us how the reason they shouldn't tell people that he's a changeling is cause she thinks the Royal's know already and are keeping that fact off the wanted poster for some reason.

You know what's sad about this? Considering Twilight's paranoid and neurotic nature this theory of hers with little to no evidence behind it is in character for her. I love Twilight guys, in my top five favorite ponies, but sometimes its a little sad seeing stuff like this.

Anyway the episode ends six hours later after Bugze finally found the buffalo camp. He stands on the outskirts of it, and wonders what to do next...

Like I said at the beginning of the review this is a very meh episode. Not much happens and the only thing it does is push the plot. Which I'm usually okay with, so long as it has a balance of comedy with it. All in all a very meh episode.

Now I'm off to see if getting lost in the desert for six hours with no pre-packed supplies is a good idea! In the mean time here's the Title Segment! See ya as a living being later...hopefully!

Favorite Moment:

Listen here, @%^^#%, if someling wants to kill you, no matter what they try to do to ya. Remember this, there is always a motive to murder, so if you don't know what it is, FIND OUT!

After he said that he began dance like a crazed miner while laughing like a maniac. Ahhhhhh... you always loved your visits to your grandbuggy, even if most of your traumatic repressed memories come from said visits. You glare in determination and say to yourself,

Man Grandbuggy is a blast to write hehehehe...

Embarrassing Moment:

12 MINUTES LATER

Once again my sense of time is clearly out of synch and I must question past me's ability to do anything on time.

Plot Hole Detected:

"Wait, wait, WAIT! What Buffalo? I've been here for like 8 gorram weeks and never heard of this before."

Again, don't really need to explain this one.

*Drags self back on stage* Wat...er...tri...p...was...bad...I...dea...wat...er!

Welp that's it for this review! Reply if you have any questions concerning this chap, for me in general, or to just tell me what you thought of this chapter as well! See ya all tomorrow with the next ep!

The Karma Counter:

Good: 45
Evil: 66

Plot Hole Count: 7

Rating: 4/10

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1