The Life of A Wanted Changeling Series! 83 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Down with Chrysalis
Group Admin

This title took forever to make. Not coming up with it no, that was easy. It was trying to find the right damned spelling for Appleloosa as well as finding a transcript of Braeburn saying it in the first place so I can get the reference right.

Ah well, hey Hive Mind! DWC here bringing you yet another episode review for LoaWC!

Now this episode kinda starts on a morbid tone as Bugze looks back at all the things he's done recently while falling to his death. After a quick summery of events of the story he feels like it wasn't that bad a life and accepts his fate.

You know I'm starting to think I have Bugze accepting his death a little too often. I mean I do for the laughs, but seriously saying this can't be a healthy thing. I'm gonna have to look into this later...

So yeah, Bugze accepts his death...only to quickly reject it when he sees the TARDIS close to him. Silently apologizing to Lady Luck for everything he waves the TARDIS down. However just as the TARDIS is about to reach him it disappears. This, of course, doesn't sit well with Bugze as he yells out his frustrations of what just happened...with his own course language of course.

You know I can't wait for when he curses in front of some humans, they're either going to be really confused or question just what kinda drugs he's on :rainbowlaugh:.

After getting that out of his system Bugze calms down enough to think up a idea to save his buggy hind. He remembers how back in the Hive they had to attend a week long assault class to learn how to form a magic barrier around themselves for the invasion. He skipped out on it to babysit some foals through, so they actually had to catapult him into Canterlot during the invasion which lead to him breaking a Cabbage cart and a whole domino effect from there.

Thankfully Bugze figures out that if he uses his force field spell he might be able to replicate the effects of that other spell and he might survive. However he does take off the Nobody Cloak and puts it into The Inventory for sage keeping as he worries that the impact might damage it.

Course this only happens cause of plot convenience, but lets just ignore that and continue on with the review.

Before Bugze can put the shield up the Jinchūriki symbol on his chest begins to glow, causing his decent to increase in acceleration ten fold.

I like to think this is the DFV being petty and trying to get back at Bugze for blocking her out, what do you guys think?

Thankfully Bugze manages to get his force field up, but in doing so changes his landing zone from a barren field to a alley. Bugze crashes head first into the alley, sending dust flying everywhere but hey he's not dead so he takes it as a win. Considering all the dust flying around is concealing him he decided to do a quick Inventory check and power update/check.

When the dust settles we see Braeburn grinning at Bugze with a grin that suggest a serious case of lunacy. Seriously people some of Braeburns smiles are just a bit too in your face for me.

Anyway, he welcomes Bugze to the town which surprises Bugze since he is in his changeling form. Braeburn introduces himself while also saying how so long as Bugze doesn't cause any problems he's welcome into town. Bugze introduces himself back and says so long as no one rats out to the guard he'll be fine.

And thus Braeburn responds how Appaloosa is a town of second chances (I think a episode of Doctor Who gave me a idea for this reference) and Bugze decides to live there!

A eight week time skip later finds Bugze sporting the 11th Doctor's Stetson and being know as the towns Patcher for all the work he's done in town. This is around when Bugze's skill with Duct Tape, WD-40, and Vice Grips started folks, as well as his usual job being a patcher for the local towns he's in.

We also have the first appearance of Grandbuggy advice this chapter, and its about as hilarious as you'd expect.

Bugze is enjoying his life here as the town doesn't mind that he's a changeling and actually openly welcome him as part of the town. And thus of course the episode can only end with Braeburn introducing him to some ponies...who turn out to be the Mane Six. Bugze, disguised of course, simply starts to mentally freak out.

So you know, a usual ending for this series.

This episode was more of a summery and leading into point for the next arc, so it isn't exactly the best out there. But I will admit there were plenty of good jokes in there so it is decently good in the humor section.

Now to go out partying for today is the 4th anniversary of the series! While I'm out here's the Title Segment for you all!

Favorite Moment:

The dust suddenly clears and you look up and see a Yellow Earth pony stallion wearing a brown stetson and a brown vest grinning at you with a face that suggests a serious case of lunacy,

This just makes me laugh fir some reason, and I don't know why.

Embarrassing Moment:

keeping a lookout for buffalo

This will make more sense in about two episodes.

Welp that's it for this review! Reply if you have any questions concerning this chap, for me in general, or to just tell me what you thought of this chapter as well! See ya all tomorrow with the next ep!

Bugze's Skills:

'Royal Canterlot Voice (RCV)' Learned: Episode 6

'Forcefield' Learned: Episode 6

'Teleport' Learned: Episode 6

'No Shadow Kick' Learned: Episode 23

'Free Running Skill' Relearned: Episode 23

'FUS RO DAH' Adapted from Previous Skill (RCV): Episode 26

'Sophisticated Talk...But Not Really' Learned: Episode 30

'Stun Spell' Learned: Episode 34

'Shoryuken' Learned: Episode 40

'Falcon Punch' Learned: Episode 40

'Transformation Spell' Taught by Trixie: Episode 40