The Life of A Wanted Changeling Series! 83 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Down with Chrysalis
Group Admin

So yeah sorry no review yesterday, was a bit too tired. Also, since I have poor planning skills, I won't be uploading three reviews today. To make up for it, I'll make it so every weekend will be three reviews, while the weekday will be the usual one.

Could this just be my last ditch effort to catch up on reviews since the anniversary is only three weeks (counting this week) away....yes, yes it is.

Anyway, onto the review!

This episode starts off with Bugze proving he can read the room as he awkwardly says hi to Fluttershy, who after a few seconds returns the awkward greeting with her own shy hi.

It's honestly like two social shut-ins meeting in person for once when you think about it, of course its more ones too shy and the other has no face but its basically the same thing.

So Fluttershy's shy response surprises Bugze, as he figured she was only so shy and skittish due to Smaug, but he figures its just her personality to be shy. Look at Bugze, figuring out a obvious character trait that everyone else had pinned down on day one!

I'm really snarky today huh?

Anyway's Bugze soon realizes that Fluttershy could possibly take the situation the wrong way, as he is a faceless hooded figure near some scared fillies. In fact that's exactly what happens, as Fluttershy soon starts to glare at our faceless hero when she puts two-and-two together.

Evil: +1 Scaring Fillies

Even just being at the wrong place at the wrong time, or in this case causing a misunderstanding, caught towards the Karma System as its a pony (in this case Fluttershy) judging Bugze for his actions. And since she thinks he scared the CMC, well point to evil. (if better explanation need please ask in comments).

So Bugze starts to panic and explains at speeds Pinkie would think is impossible that it was the 'chickzard' who scared the fillies and that he in fact saved them. He even points to where the chickard was stunned, but when Fluttershy looks she doesn't see anything.

Bugze looks himself and is shocked to see that the cockatrice is in fact missing, as the stun spell should have left the chickzard stunned for at least a hour.

Of course Bugze failed to take into account that he just learned the spell, and while he did get some practice it wasn't that much. Clearly that means the spell wouldn't have as long as a effect as it would if he had more practice with it.

Anyway, explanation of plot convenience aside this pushes Fluttershy over the edge as she starts giving Bugze The Stare. As Bugze is petrified by Fluttershy's most powerful move, she takes the opportunity to lecture the poor bug for scaring the fillies (even through he didn't do that). By the time she's right in front of him and down lecturing him, the only thing that comes out of Bugze's mouth is a constant stream of 'buts.'

Man even back then I made Phineas and Ferb references huh? Just how popular was that show?

Thankfully Bugze is saved from The Stare via random character number 65, Lighting Chaser!

Okay in all seriousness, Lighting Chaser was forevertheDoctor's OC, who I promised to introduce whenever she wanted for winning the 50th like art contest way back then. She wanted her in this episode, so I kinda had to make up a reason why she would show up on the spot. It's kinda why only two comments where used, but I think this by itself was pretty good.

So yeah, Lighting Chaser makes her cameo and then flies off. Bugze walks back over to the others, wondering how he gets into these kinds of situations. Fluttershy had the time of Lighting's cameo to calm down, and the CMC managed to explain the situation to her.

Good: +1 Saving the Fillies...in the eyes of another

Bit wordy but you all get the point. Also if you think I'm going to deduct the evil point from before since that was from Fluttershy's point of view...nope! You'll see why in a few seconds.

So anyway Fluttershy apologizes for using the stare on him...but calls him the Headless Horse. Bugze sighs at this and begins his original hero intro again...only to be shot by a angry Twilight.

See why I kept the evil point from before? Just switch out Fluttershy with Twilight.

Bugze yells out 'Again' at being interrupted...again from doing his hero intro...only to scream 'why me' to the heavens when he finds out the magic blast took his hood down exposing himself to all the ponies present that he is, in fact, a changeling!

Gotta love that plot convenience eh folks?

This episode was pretty good. However the lack of comments is a drawback, and the lack of jokes doesn't help. Then again it was more of a contest episode since it was the result of the 50th like contest. I think I'll just give it a solid five on the ratings to keep things safe.

Now while I work on the logic of how magic can blast Bugze's hood off here and not anywhere else, here's the Title Segment!

Favorite Moment:

She stops talking to you when she right in front of you, Her glare is so intense that you swear she's staring right into your soul! The only words that can come out of your mouth is this...

"But but but but but but but but but but but but etc"

God I'm a sucker for references aren't I?

Embarrassing Moment:

You kniw, add to the Random and Comedy tags I already have on the story.

God dang it past me! Can't you spell one easy word right!?

First Appearance of a Running Gag:

"It's alright you were just trying to protect the little ones. But I'm not the Headless Horse, I'm the one who watches over the innocent! I'm the one who protects those who can't prot-*zap* Owwwwwwwwwww..."

You just got knocked down by some sort of purple magical blast. You look over to see who zapped you and you see... a really angry Twilight Sparkle.

"AGAIN?!" you can't help but yell out of annoyance at how your intro was interrupted (again) as you get back up.

This gag of Bugze being interrupted in the middle of a intro was started last episode, but I kinda forgot to mention it in the last review. So to make up for it I'm putting here in this review!

Welp that's it for this review! Reply if you have any questions concerning this chap, for me in general, or to just tell me what you thought of this chapter as well! See ya all tomorrow with the next ep!

The Karma Counter:

Good: 18
Evil: 17

Plot Hole Count: 4

Rating: 5/10

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1