The Life of A Wanted Changeling Series! 83 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Down with Chrysalis
Group Admin

I am bound by contract to make the following obligatory reference due to the episodes title:

This was the original reference I made back in the day, so I figured I'd put the song here. Plus its super catchy, and only cost 0.99 on ITunes!

Ahem, anyway welcome Hive Mind, to yet another review of LoaWC! This is the last one for today, and tomorrow three more shall come out!

This episode brings us Bugze actually saving ponies for a change, and a constant reminder that the universe doesn't like it when he gets his way.

The episode starts off with Bugze making a quick note to practice his force field spell at a later date...while the CMC are screaming for help right in front of him. Smooth moves Bugze...

Evil: +3 Did not immediately save CMC

Is this considered petty cause I didn't like how this was only put in cause I wanted the Hive Mind to use the force field spell more, and yet even after this it never happened? ...Yes, yes it is.

Moving on Bugze snaps out of planning his future training when he hears the CMC call for help again. Realizing that Applebloom is one of the few ponies who haven't attacked him on sight yet, and one of the few ponies who he's actually managed to hold a entire conversation with, he takes action to save her and her friends...by blindly (quiet literally as his eyes are closed) charging at the threat and ramming it down.

Remember when I said a few reviews back that most of Bugze's season 1 plans are just 'run in a punch everything'? Yeah...this is another one of those plans.

Bugze's poor planning skills aside, he is confused as to why the thing threating the CMC sounded like a chicken. Opening his eyes he sees that the thing he rammed into was in fact a cockatrice...or as Bugze hilariously puts it a 'chickzard' cause he doesn't know what a cockatrice is.

Hehehe 'chickzard,' man I love word play. That and combing two words together to make a weird hybrid word that sounds funny. Hehehe chickzard god I can't get it over it sounds so stupid yet its making me laugh!

Anyway..heheh..ahem anyway! With the cockatrice down Bugze tries, and fails, to introduced himself via his hero name to the CMC. The reason he fails is that he keeps accidently using already existing, my favorite being Batman's cause Sweetie actually knows who's intro that was.

What can I say, I love it when a person who you don't think likes something likes it. Like you'd expect Scootaloo to like the dark and gritty Batman comics (well...ones not made by Frank Miller at least (Looking at you All-star Batman)) but nope its Sweetie Bell! Plus this won't be the last time this happens, so I'll bring it up when it does.

Anyway during these failed intro's the cockatrice regains its senses and begins to stalk towards the unsuspecting Bugze. The CMC managed to warn him about it and he turns around to face it...only to look it directly in the eyes. Which as you all know is a big no-no in the MLP universe...and mythology in general really.

The cockatrice gets a triumphant grin (despite the fact that it has a beak (I blame mlp logic)) to which confuses Bugze, till Applebloom screams in panic that he's turning to stone. Bugze takes this surprisingly easy at first, even makes a terrible terrible pun that even I wouldn't use (trust me this means a lot coming from me) with accompanying booing.

Of course then it hits him that he's turning to stone and he begins to freak out, calling to every deity he knows for help. Which not gonna lie I would to in his situation.

Sadly that doesn't work, not even calling out to Luna (or at least her flank...weird) and Celestia doesn't save him as he actually turns completely into stone. Bugze actually begins to give up and accept his fate as he starts to lose consciousness...until a image of Nightshade flashes across his mind.

And then, in a honest to god badass moment that I actually made that didn't come from a comment, Bugze actually manages to break free from his stony prison through sheer willpower and drive thank to flashes of his friends (and Rarity for some reason) appearing in his mind.

Since this has never happened before, not only are the CMC shocked but so is the cockatrice. And you know you've done something badass when even the monster is shocked by your actions. But oh boy Bugze's badassness doesn't end there.

Nope, he kicks that lizards ass like a complete boss! He not only manages to knock him away from the fillies, but he even manages to incapacitate it via a No Shadow Kick and Stun Spell combo!

Good: +3 Saving the CMC while being a total badass

Man I wish I could give more points, but I'm limited by how many ponies are affected by his actions so what can ya do?

This episode comes to a close with Bugze about to say his new superhero name with original intro (brought to you by Kersey), but since his actual superhero name hadn't been decided yet he gets interrupted by Fluttershy coming onto the scene!

What can I say that hasn't already been said? This episode was fricking awesome! Sure not that many jokes or plot movement, but Bugze was a total badass and the jokes used were funny (even cringey funny with Forever's joke)! This episode just gives us awesome badass points for Bugze and that's enough for me!

Now bask in one of Bugze's first badass moments as I set up the Title Segment!

Favorite Moment:

No *crack*

Then a image of Cadance and you smiling and dancing flashes in front of you.

Not yet, not like this *crack* *crack*

Images of Derpy, Zecora, and even Rarity flash before you.

I can't, I won't leave them behind! *crack* *crack *CRACK*

Finally, the images of the CMC crying and shaking in terror flash before you.

I WON'T LET IT HURT THEM IF ITS THE LAST THING I BUCKING DO!!! *CRACK* *CRACK* *CRACK* *CRACK* *CRACK* *SHATTER*

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" With a powerful war-cry, you break free from your stony prison. The CMC look at you surprised and the chickzard looks at you with surprised fear as well. It tries to look you in the eyes again, but you don't give him the chance. You leap at the chickzard and scream,

This is just sooooooo badass! I'm actually geeking out here its that badass!

Embarrassing Moment:

Images of Derpy, Zecora, and even Rarity flash before you.

Man I was really pushing the whole 'Rarity will be his friend' thing didn't I? She's not even my favorite character, hell she's not even in my top 10! It's just so weird and unneeded.

Weird Comment I Noticed:

when bugzee if he gets sexualy invuled with someling either start it by facesitting or they start to think of each other in partnership via facesitting. and they both like faesitting so there gonna be a lot of facesitting.
for the next chapter twilight blasts you making your hood fly off and fluttershy tacklehugs you. then you get the cutiemark crusaders and fluttershy as friends that don't care if your a changeling. twilight is at disliked for your likeness rating meaning you still got work to do to make friends with twilignt

Really its just that first part. Just...what? I mean the fics rated T sure but...what? I...what!?

Welp that's it for this review! Reply if you have any questions concerning this chap, for me in general, or to just tell me what you thought of this chapter as well! See ya all tomorrow with the next ep!

The Karma Counter:

Good: 17
Evil: 16

Plot Hole Count: 4

Rating: 7.5/10

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1