The Life of A Wanted Changeling Series! 83 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Down with Chrysalis
Group Admin

Don't you just love it when your laptop goes into a infinite update loop cause you having updated the thing in months, and it forces you to not be able to do anything for a whole day?

No, yeah me neither.

But yeah, laptop was stuck downloading/installing 34 updates, and since my laptop is slow as hell I had to wait till today to use the thing. So sorry about no review yesterday, but what can ya do?

Anyway, this episode brings more misuse of my power as a author, some development with Bugze, and the beginning of Bugze's true misadventures!

So the episode starts off with Bugze panicking when he sees Zecora coming back, and he doesn't want her to find out about the symbol on his chest. Even though there's no reason as to why she can't see it, nor why Bugze should be worried about it.

But then again this is Bugze we're talking about. If he isn't panicking about things that don't really need panicking over, he's punching...something/someone.

So Bugze begins to look around for something to cover his chest. This is where I, in a misuse of author power, give him what will eventually become one of his iconic costumes, The Nobody Cloak.

I'll be honest with you guys, I had recently gotten back into Kingdom Hearts during this time and I really wanted Bugze to have a Organization cloak. I knew no one would comment it through, so I took matters into my own hands and took upon the 'Friend' persona once again to do so!

Thankfully I didn't have to worry about black-lash of this as much as I did with The Inventory since I had used the 'friend' giving Bugze stuff already, so the Hive Mind would just go along with it as being canon that this happens.

But what I didn't expect was how much support I got for it. There's a reason why this thing has been around since season 1, and has become a symbol for Bugze and any of the Hive Minder's who read all of season 2.

Anyway, Bugze ignores common sense about a random person giving him stuff and puts the cloak on. Just in time as Zecora enters the room. Bugze then reluctantly lies to Zecora of where he got the cloak, and Zecora brings up the fact that he healed surprisingly quickly considering his injuries.

I will like to point out the irony of a changeling hating to lie. Nothing more then that, just let it sink in is all.

Bugze, not knowing why he heals so fast either, lies again and just says changelings heal faster then ponies and Zecora.

Bugze's healing factor was another reference to Naruto as he also had a healing factor. It was also my way of explaining how Bugze can go through so much and not be...well dead. I know I probably didn't have to explain it and just left it up to cartoon logic, but that's not how I roll with things. If someone is going through hell time and time again and is not a broken puddle of goo, then he better have a healing factor of some kind or there will be a very annoyed DWC!

So yeah after that Bugze remembers that he needs to find a way to contact Cadence. He also remembers how Twilight knew his ex-queen wasn't Cadence right away, so maybe she would have a way to contact her. Plus he did just save her life and all, so maybe she won't beat him to a pulp right away.

Getting directions to where she lives via Zecora, Bugze makes his way to the Ponyville library. On the way there he does a quick Inventory check, freaks out briefly over having no face but soon remembers that the cloak does that, and then gets annoyed as a nasty downpour begins.

If that doesn't tell you what episode we're heading into, then the ending of this episode should.

This episode ends with the library door bursting open when Bugze reaches it, as well as a lighting strike happening at the same time behind him, causing his shadow to be cast over Twilight, Rarity, and Applejack who appear to be in a circle. They also begin to scream as soon as they see Bugze...who has no face.

Yep...we're heading into 'Look Before You Sleep' territory men! Also...

Evil: +3 Unintentional traumatizing/scaring of three ponies

Like I said I'm counting all of Bugze's actions, on purpose or not. Even petty things like scaring ponies on accident count. Course if this scare was in good fun I wouldn't count it, but since it wasn't well...

This episode isn't so bad. It could have used more comments from the last episode, and me abusing my powers as the author does kinda cheapen it. Plus its probably the main reason not that many comments were used. However the ending is pretty funny, and we got some info on Bugze's powers, if only in the vague and mysterious way. All in all, a decent episode that could have been better.

Now as the three mares scream their heads off, let's begin the Title Segment!

Favorite Moment:

But suddenly the door fly's open, causing a loud *smash* sound to happen. Lighting also flashes behind you, causing your shadow to be cast over three mares. They appear to be sitting in a circle and when they see you...they begin to scream.

Ah, good build-up with a good punch-line. Plus the fact that the next episode is them mostly screaming while Bugze tries to ignore makes it ten times better!

Embarrassing Moment:

Have fun with the voting, this has been DWC, and I need to go by filly insurance, bye!

Did I always make jokes that kinda related to the episode? And also weren't very funny?

Welp that's it for this review! Reply if you have any questions concerning this chap, for me in general, or to just tell me what you thought of this chapter as well! See ya all tomorrow with the next ep!

The Karma Counter:

Good: 8
Evil: 9

Plot Hole Count: 3

Rating: 5/10

Kersey475
Group Contributor

If you;re gonna count unintentionally evil actions, should unintentionally good actions count too?

Down with Chrysalis
Group Admin

But seriously yes, like I said any of Bugze's actions will be taken into account, intentional or unintentional. If he accidently does a good deed in the eyes of the characters, like when he was trying to get ponies attentions back in season 2 during the MMDW arc, then it'll count as good.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3