The Life of A Wanted Changeling Series! 83 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Down with Chrysalis
Group Admin

The Beginnings of a Hero arc is the first arc of the series...and it really shows.

The pacing of it is rushed, and it follows this annoying format where I gave the Hive Mind select options to choose from for Bugze to do something. Hence why I called it the 'choose your path' format during my reviews.

Now in theory you'd think this format would be good right? And it does...in some cases. Like if the situation called for sparing or killing someone, or forgiving someone or not this format might work.

But for this arc? Not a chance in hell would it work! It limits the creativity of the Hive Mind by forcing them to only comment choice a or b. It's really unfair to them, and I'm pretty sure it was just a lazy excuse on my part to not write as much.

Now a days I'm far more creative with my skills to avoid writing more!

Forget I said that.

Anyway, that's why I don't like most of this arc. Almost every episode uses this format and it pisses me off cause of all the wasted potential and unique directions that could have happen if I didn't used that format. However, that is also why I love the final part of the arc so much.

It doesn't follow that stupid format, it is made up of a bunch of comments, and it is overall awesome when it comes to content and badassness!

Seriously I gushed about it enough in its own review, so I won't go over board here. Let's just leave it at the fact that this episode is the best out of the entire arc, and not just because its the last episode in the arc!

Now...this arc in general as I've said isn't my favorite and I won't waste anymore words talking about it. Seriously guys, just skip to the last episode and ignore the rest of the arc if ya can.

So that's the summery of my feelings about this arc. Now I know you guys don't usually comment on these reviews, but this time I really want you all to tell me your thoughts about this arc. How you felt reading it, how it felt compared to later arcs, and how you feel the characters were portrayed, you know stuff like that.

Also, tell me how you feel about the reviews so far. I know they aren't the most well structured around, but I feel like that just makes it unique. But how do you all feel about it?

I'll be asking you guys to do this every arc summery review, just so you all know!

See you all in tomorrow's review, as our favorite filly makes her first appearance!

Arc Rating: 4.5/10

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1