The Life of A Wanted Changeling Series! 83 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Down with Chrysalis
Group Admin

THE BEGINNINGS OF A HERO ARC REVIEW: PART 2

And so begins part 2 of the Beginnings of a Hero Arc, and like part one it starts off with and ends with a 'choose your path' kind of thing. So automatically I'm prepared for very little, and it doesn't help that this episode doesn't give us much aside from some Bugze getting in pain jokes.

So this episode starts off with Bugze deciding to follow Applejack and Fluttershy up the mountain as they were in more danger since its just the two of them, unlike the other group which has four ponies grouped together.

And so this sets off this chapters chain of events, with the next couple of events being Bugze secretly helping the two ponies...and getting hurt in the process. The highlights being a boulder almost crushing them, even though Bugze did go ahead of them to stake our any dangers and the boulder didn't move a inch when he messed with it.

Of course Bugze fails to realize that the boulder probably feel from him messing with it, but hey that's just part of Bugze's charm isn't it? Unintentionally causing problems and then solving them later while getting hurt in the process tends to be his thing after all.

Anyway, during a break between things trying to kill the two ponies Bugze goes over the three things he's learned during this experience.

One, that Fluttershy is scared of literally everything and is a major source of his bruises due to all her false alarm screams.

Funny considering she's going to be one of his closest friends in the future that this is hid first impression of her huh?

The second thing he learned is that the two ponies are very danger prone and that almost all the things that almost killed them only happened once they got close to it.

Honesty I just was filling in words here since I didn't want the episode to be too short. So I just went on how danger prone they were and...yeah.

Anyway, the final thing Bugze learned is that he really really hates Lady Luck as Bugze realizes that if he had bad luck the mares must have even worse luck then him considering all the things that almost killed them just barely missed them thanks to Bugze's interference.

I like to think this is the point that really set in the fact that Lady Luck is the best excuse the Hive Mind needs to do comedic stuff to Bugze and get away with it. Course thanks to season 3 we now know that there may be more to Lady Luck then just the Hive Minds excuse to cause Bugze misfortune, but I won't be getting to that till I start that season.

Anyway, after a comedic moment where Bugze actually faints from shock when Fluttershy, who as stated so far was just freaking out over everything, actually manages to hug and tame a mountain lion.

What kind of mountain lion you ask? I have no clue, as when I wrote this I actually thought mountain lion was a name for a species of lions in the mountains to yeah...I swear I'm way more intelligent now!

But yeah he freaks out cause he thinks the mountain lion ate them after he passed out, but he eventually finds their tracks and follows them up the mountain to the meeting point between the two groups. You know, that part of the mountain where Pinkie was beating Rarity at tic-tac-toe like a billion times. Anyway he gets there just as they are about to move on, but before he follows them he notices a shortcut up the mountain.

The episode ends with one of those annoying 'choose your path' decisions with either following the group or taking the shortcut.

This episode isn't nearly as bad as the last one, as there were a bit of other comments used in it. But the fact remains that it still uses that dumb 'choose your path' layout that limits commenter interaction so it won't be rated very highly.

No Title Segment this time around since there wasn't really anything I practically liked about this episode, nor anything too embarrassing happened.

Well...aside the fact that I said I was a closet Brony (still am) and I wanted your reactions to that, but that's really it.

Welp that's it for this review! Reply if you have any questions concerning this chap, for me in general, or to just tell me what you thought of this chapter as well! See ya all later today (due to sudden family obligations) with the next ep!

Bugze's Skills:

'Royal Canterlot Voice (RCV)' Learned: Episode 6

'Forcefield' Learned: Episode 6

'Teleport' Learned: Episode 6

'No Shadow Kick' Learned: Episode 23

'Free Running Skill' Relearned: Episode 23

Plot Hole Count: 2

Rating: 3.5/10

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1