The Life of A Wanted Changeling Series! 83 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Down with Chrysalis
Group Admin

I am just going to ignore the title for now and get on with the review. Don't need to kick a dead joke while its down.

This episode brings us a future running gag for another fic, Bugze taking on his name, and Bugze makes his third friend!

This chapter's opening joke is one of my favorites, and I tend to use it as a running gag a lot in one of my other fics. So without further ado lets dive into just what that joke is and the rest of the episode!

The episodes opens with what I dub the 'Adorable Heart Attack' gag with Bugze falling before the might of Applebloom's adorableness.

You know I wonder if the Mane Six new about this, they would've just used a bunch of adorable fillies to capture Bugze? Imagine if that's how the series ended? Talk about ending at a weird note.

Anyway, I always thought this joke was really funny. I mean just reading it now got me chuckling for a while. Sadly this kind of joke was never brought up again cause past me was still in the mindset that the jokes should come from the commenters only. So the joke kinda died...until I Have No Mouth But I Must Squee that is!

Thanks to starting up that fic I can use this joke whenever I can, and it is a blast! But we're not here to talk about that fic, so lets get on with the review!

After passing out from adorableness, Bugze wakes up in the barn courteously of Applebloom dragging his unconscious body there. After finding out that he managed to buck way more trees then he thought, and even beating Applejack's record (heh), Bugze realizes just who Applebloom's sister is.

After momentarily panicking, Bugze calms down enough to realize that she's...well a filly and that if she wanted to hurt him she would have by now. With that he begins to introduce himself, but stops short when he realizes he can't tell her his name since he only just met her and doesn't really trust her yet. So he instead gives her Cadence's nickname for him, Bugze.

Well this isn't so much him disowning his own name and taking up Bugze as his name, it is the start of it as he begins to use 'Bugze' to introduce himself. Before now he's simply been referred as 'the changeling' but from now on he should be addressed by everyone, ponies and the Hive Mind, as Bugze.

Anyway, after introductions and a time skip cause I sucked at dialogue and didn't know how to write those two interacting, we have Applebloom offering Bugze a position in the Cutie Mark Crusaders!

Take that Hasbro! I wanted a non-pony in the CMC long before Gabby showed up! Ha!

But anyway, before Bugze could response Applejack walks in and screams her catchphrase 'varmint!' And you know its serious cause its in all caps and in bold!

This chapter is one of the better ones of early season 1, with most of its jokes hitting and some decent character development for Bugze which is always nice when it happens this early in the series. Plus it has the perk of being the first 1,000 word chapter after a while so...ya.

Anyway, onto the Title Segment!

Favorite Moment:

"Applebloom do you know what happened to all the appl...VARMINT.

Oh poo.

I don't know why but that final joke just cracks me up! I think its just hearing John De Lancie saying that is just hilarious.

Also, if you look him up and see what shows and movies he's in there's all this serious stuff and then just 'boop' My Little Pony. It's pretty funny.

Embarrassing Moment:

Hey guys, DWC here. Look I'm at my aunt's house and typing this as fast as possible. I won't have time to get this edited today either so sorry.

Ugggghhhhhhhh....

Plot Hole Spotted:

The first time was when one of your old comrades made you watch *shiver* My Little Human. Worst. Day. EVER!

I don't know if this counts as a plot hole or not, but considering we've established that Bugze was a social outcast back in the Hive and that his only friend betrayed so maybe this could be the filly queen? But then there's the whole 'lost memories from being dead' thing....

Eh, I'm gonna count it just to be safe.

Welp that's it for this review! Reply if you have any questions concerning this chap, for me in general, or to just tell me what you thought of this chapter as well! See ya all tomorrow with the next ep!

Plot Hole Count: 2

Rating: 5/10

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1