The Life of A Wanted Changeling Series! 83 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Down with Chrysalis
Group Admin

You know the one bright side of past me's ANs is that he tended to mention the amount of likes each chapter. 42 with only 18 episodes, don't know if that's impressive or not considering this was a comment driven story, but eh I think its impressive if only slightly.

So this episode gives us a sorta kinda failed attempt of giving Bugze a character quirk, some changeling head-canon that goes nowhere, and of course the most confused filly in this series!

Yet another early season 1 episode that actually does more then just move the plot! I'm honestly shocked it didn't take longer to reach one, but hey this works for me!

The episode starts off with a sorta time-skip of four hours later after the last episode. I say sorta time-skip cause I don't really point it out. I kind just say 'four hours later' and that's it. Kinda poor stylizing on my part.

Anyway, Bugze decides to take a break from apple bucking after his back hooves go limp from all the bucking he's done already. The delivery of this joke did get me to chuckle, but the punch-line could have been better.

As Bugze relaxes under a apple tree he contemplates on what to do to cure his boredom as he relaxes. Usually he couldn't sit still without a good book to read so he doesn't know what to do.

If ya couldn't tell, the underline is pointing out a plot hole. Bugze had plenty to read at the time, as by now he had gotten all those books from the Ruins of the Two Sisters, but it looks like past me decided to ignore this fact to try and add a character trait to Bugze...which went no where.

Speaking of character traits that went now where...

Bugze decides to go back to his old habit of talking to himself to pass the time. Apparently he would do it all the tome back at the Hive to calm down. This little tidbit about our favorite bug goes nowhere and is never used again...sorta.

You see I say sort of cause of...well Selena. Bugze talks out loud to her, and later Sombra, all the time even though it was established that mental communication was just as good since they were in his head. So then why is he always talking to them out loud, which could give him away or make him look crazy?

The answer, its a old habit form the Hive! Yeah, for once one of my add-ons actually develops into something! Bugze is so used to talking to himself that he ends up talking aloud to Selena. After all it really isn't so different from when he talked to himself, just you know he gets responses back this time...and they aren't his own crazed delusions.

I like to think this is why you guys in the Hive Mind always have him talking aloud...but I think its more cause you guys like making him look insane whether then anything else.

Ah well, just thought I point this out is all. Moving on...

After Bugze unknowingly puts a target on his back, courtesy of Discord and jinxing (another thing that actually went somewhere!), we have some changeling head-cannon that makes no sense and goes nowhere.

So for some reason I decided to give Changelings cutie marks outside of their transformations. Not only do I not give a good enough explanation as to where they are on their bodies, but even I forgot about this till I reread it just now! I honestly think I was trying to be smart or something, but as you can see it didn't really work out so well.

I'm pretty sure I actually looked at a picture of a Changeling to find a place to put the marks, and a tiny grey dot on their backs that gets replaced is the best thing I could find. Sometimes past me, sometimes...

Ah well, at least this gives us insight to Bugze's past. Reluctant to take love forcibly and a bully nickname that's never used again! ...Ah one out of two is better then none.

Anyway, after this dialogue, that totally wasn't used to get Applebloom to trust Bugze without me having to write it, guess who showed up!?

No it wasn't Luna! Who guessed that!? Out, out of this review right now and think about what you just did!

Ahem, anyway it's Applebloom! Introduced via a picture that nearly made me die from adorableness after seeing it the episode ends with Bugze wondering just what he should do with the tiny filly.

For giving us some (although brief) backstory on Bugze, and a joke here and there that got me to chuckle, this episodes rating will be slightly higher then usual early season 1 episodes!

Really can't wait till we get to mid season 1, everything after the first appearance of Bugze's orange glowing eyes is bound to be better then what we've seen so far. And I mean that in content, ya know more fulfilling episodes that don't just move the plot onto the next stage.

Anyway, onto the Title Segment!

Favorite Moment:

You’re about to walk over to the next tree when you realized you couldn't move. You look at your back hooves to see that they have gone completely limp. You sigh in defeat and say, "I guess that's the universe's sign that I should take a break."

Like I said before, funny delivery but needs a better punch-line.

Embarrassing Moment:

Happy voting a good luck. Oh, and what does 'featured' mean when a fanfic says it was featured. Don't tell me if it is so simple that a two year old would know what it means. Anyway...BYE!!!!!

I'm just gonna let the quote speak for itself while I sit over in the corner contemplating just why I ever thought it would be a good idea to ask that on the internet.

Plot Hole Spotted:

The only bad thing was the fact that there was nothing to do. You could never sit still unless you were reading a really good book. You begin to wonder on what you should do when you decide to do one of the very few freedoms you had back at the hive. Which is to…

Like I said in the review, he had plenty of books to read yet they aren't mentioned or given a reason as to why he didn't want to read them. Sometimes man...

Welp that's it for this review! Reply if you have any questions concerning this chap, for me in general, or to just tell me what you thought of this chapter as well! See ya all tomorrow with the next ep!

Plot Hole Count: 1

Rating: 4/10

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1