The Life of A Wanted Changeling Series! 83 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Down with Chrysalis
Group Admin

You know I think this and the last episode is the only chapter were I have a canon characters name in the title. I mean keep in mind I've forgotten a majority of the titles for this season so I could be wrong, but still interesting.

This episode gives us some subtle Bugze development, some jokes at Bugze's expense, and another example of my inability to give better hints.

So you know, your average season 1 episode.

The episode starts off with Bugze wondering just what is causing Applejack to be so tired in the first place. Going over his 'conversation' with her he remembers she mentioned Applebuck season, and it only takes him 10 minutes to figure out that's the reason she's so tired!

Is it just me or did I make Bugze a little too dumb during the early days of season 1?

Anyway, this little segment does give us some subtle development for Bugze. Him taking so long to figure thins out shows how while he isn't the brightest bug around, he isn't the dumbest either since he can come up with some pretty impressive plans (later down the line at least).

Another part of Bugze that's showed off here is how willing he is to help everyone. He himself admits that while Applejack is his enemy, and that it would be better for his survival if she stayed this tired for awhile. But instead of trying to keep her tired he tries to help her cause of the vow he made to Luna. It shows that Bugze really was a good guy even before he got Nightshade and the Cloak.

Of course I could just be over thinking this, but eh I like to think that's what past me did.

With what's causing Applejack to be so tired figured out Bugze begins his plan to buck every tree he can to make the apple harvest go a little faster. Of course this is after many failures of trying to get the apples down since he had no clue as to how to do it.

Admittedly this isn't the funniest joke I've ever written, but it definitely isn't the worst joke I've made either. Though I have to wonder how he head-butted a tree without getting his horn stuck in it...or breaking said horn now that I mention it. Oh well, just another missed opportunity on my part I guess.

So moving on Bugze begins to get to work after figuring out how to properly buck the trees via angry kicking. If it weren't for the fact that the whole Bugze-Apple family thing was planned in season 2 I would almost think past me was trying to subtly show he was related to him here via his ability to kick the apples down.

Seriously looking back on it now it kinda makes sense, that or I'm just overthinking things again like usual.

But anyway the episode ends with Bugze not noticing a certain fillies eyes watching him from the bushes.

Now I only said Appleblooms eye color in the actual episode. But before I posted it I started thinking it might have been a bit too vague for the Hive Mind. I mean looking back at it I still think it was...well I mean if you don't take into account where Bugze is at least. But just the eye color...it just seemed like it wasn't enough ya know?

So to fix this past me decided to give a hint in the AN...which was more of flat out telling everyone who it is cause lets be honest what other filly do you know that has a big bow on their head? I probably could have done a better job of making the hint a bit more subtle, but oh well nothing I can do about it now.

This episode, like most of early season 1, is just kinda there to advance the plot and get some jokes. So it's getting the usual rating.

Now onto the Title Segment!

Favorite Moment:

You would then teleport the filled bucket back to the barn, you checked the first time you did it to make sure that they actually made it.

Ah the early days where Bugze's teleport didn't fail all the time unless it was convenient. Ah the nostalgia....

Embarrassing Moment:

What I mean is what should your peoples nickname, you know like how Pewdiepie (Don't hate me if I spelled it wrong...please) calls his fanbase the 'Bros' And since...you know...I have alot of people who liked/favorited this story so...yeah. Well...bye now since I have made this awkward...bye.

Once again I have to question just how shy past me was, as well as wonder how I didn't get any mockery for asking this.

Like seriously not once has anyone ever poked fun at these AN's till I started doing it, and the only one doing it is me! This fandom was either a lot more tame back in the day, or I had some sort of magical ability to post episodes only when the nice people were on. Cause I've seen some of the comments on this site, and sheesh do some of us need therapist!

Also just gotta point out, its thanks to Thetntm that the Hive Mind is named what it is today! He was the first person to suggest the name after all!

Welp that's it for this review! Reply if you have any questions concerning this chap, for me in general, or to just tell me what you thought of this chapter as well! See ya all tomorrow with the next ep!

Rating: 3.5/10

Is it just me or did I make Bugze a littletoodumb during the early days of season 1?

Only during the early days of season 1? I don't really remember but Bugzee still seem a little dumb, if it was not for Selena, Sombra and Nightshade

Kersey475
Group Contributor

Is Nightshade smarter than Bugze?

I mean Nightshade is Bugze's daughter after all and Season 2 made it clear she's as bad as schoolwork as he is.

Down with Chrysalis
Group Admin

Well I mean sure he had his dumb moments later on in the series, but here it seems like he is always making dumb choices. Like season 2 and 3 he makes some pretty reasonable and even intelligent plans, but early season 1 the only plan he comes with is 'punch it till it dies.'

Which is a effective plan, but not exactly a smart one ya know?

She is Bugzee daughter BUT she is also Selena daughter

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5