The Life of A Wanted Changeling Series! 83 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Down with Chrysalis
Group Admin

You know seeing a normal title after so many weird ones is a bit...jarring. I also think this is when I started giving episode titles anime-esque sounding names. At least I think that's what I did.

This episode is another short one with only four comments used. It brings us a weird opening, Bugze in pain, and a oblivious Rainbow Dash.

So we start off the episode with a...Dragon Ball Z 'last time on' segment,

Not gonna lie even I'm confused as to why I did that. I think I wanted to make that a thing, but considering that this is the only chapter outside the Re-caps that does this I don't think that's the case. It was probably more likely that I did it to get the word count up a little bit more, which would have been clever past me if ya did it more then once!

Anyway, after that we have Bugze waking up and stating the most unintended foreshadowing I have ever done...of all time.

He says he hates bright light after his ex-queen shot a fireball spell at him.

I couldn't come up with better foreshadowing even if I tried! I didn't even have the plan to have Bugze killed via Chrysalis yet and I have this said! For all the embarrassing stuff you did past me this is spot on awesome!

That being said I can't help but feel like this was a missed opportunity or something.

Anyway we move on to realizing that Bugze somehow managed to fall asleep using Rainbow as a pillow. How they both managed to A) not notice the other and B) sleep till the next day is beyond me. After making this realization Bugze, of course, panics and ends up falling off the apple tree in a rather painful matter.

And by 'painful matter' I of course me the ever classic 'hitting every branch on the way down' joke. Only Bugze and his bad luck could ever truly end up with this happening to him. Gotta admit though, it was a nice use of the 'my leg' meme here, and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be the last time I used it either.

After that we have Rainbow being oblivious as she doesn't notice Bugze and flies off. The poor bug, after this rare lucky break, then decides to find Applejack to figure out how she always knows he's a changeling. Smart thinking considering this is still pre-Nightmare Bugze.

The episode ends with Bugze wondering what he should say to a tired Applejack while disguised as Twilight. Cleary this can only end well.

That wraps this episode up! Like last time not that much happens besides some laughs, so the rating will probably be the same as last episodes rating.

Anyway, onto the Title Segment!

Favorite Moment:

"Oww!!*crash*Ooof!!*snap* My leg!!"*crunch* How high is this tree *splat

Curse you gravity! You have failed me once again! But seriously I love this joke so it was nice seeing past me actually do it.

Embarrassing Moment:

The AN

After a good chunk of episodes of not doing the whole changeling and special guess talking, suddenly past me decides to do it out of nowhere. It really doesn't make any sense, and the irony of the opening sentence does not escape so please don't mention it.

Welp that's it for this review! Reply if you have any questions concerning this chap, for me in general, or to just tell me what you thought of this chapter as well! See ya all tomorrow with the next ep!

Rating: 3.5/10

Kersey475
Group Contributor

Only 18 more chapters until one of my favorite chapters from Season 1! :pinkiehappy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2