The Life of A Wanted Changeling Series! 83 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Down with Chrysalis
Group Admin

Once again a excessive use of question marks and exclamation points in the title. Will past me ever learn?

Also, kinda jumped the gun when I said last review that this was one of my favorite episodes. That's the next episode hehehehe....eh what can you do?

This episode brings us the reveal of Cadence, Bugze's annoyance and the queens plan, and some more running gags.

First off I want to mention how this chapters formatting annoys me. You see this chapter has all the comments chunked together at the very beginning. This annoys me cause it seems so unprofessional and honestly lazy. I've honestly grown to hate this and seeing this again annoys me.

It's just a pet-peeve of mine, but it still bugs me.

Anyway, this episode gives us this version of Cadence!

I honestly wanted to put her in because of the irony of it. The princess of love, who's own wedding was crashed by changelings, being the first one to give Bugze a new chance at life! The irony was just too perfect for me to pass up.

Another reason was that, at the time, Cadence was the least developed princess of the three. So I figured using her would give me the most leeway with her interactions. I didn't have to worry about messing up her character since she didn't really have one! All I had to do was keep her decently moral and mention love a few times and we're all set!

Of course now she's had lots more development so I can't get as much leeway as I did before. But considering her character has been established in-universe so its not too big of a deal but oh well.

Now I bet your all curious about how I came up with Bugze's backstory right? Well....I made it up on the spot!

Put your disappointed looks away now, its the truth!

I wanted to have a general backstory that had Bugze saving Cadence somehow that also explains his memory loss. The idea that he died and had the Nightmare Crystal put in him to replace it only came about in season 2! Really it was just a random backstory I came up with that involved into what it is today.

Next up we have Bugze's hatred of Chrysalis's royal wedding plan.

I'll be honest, this was just me ranting about it. I really disliked Chrysalis's plan because of how stupid it was. Taking the form of a alicron is one thing. But the least she could have done is ACT LIKE THE PONY SHE WAS PRETENDING TO BE!

Like seriously your the queen of a race of doppelgangers and the one thing, the one thing all doppelgangers should know how to do and you can't even do that! It's just so...dumb!

I mean yeah its a littler kids show but come on there had to be a better way to show she was evil!

Ahem...anyway that's all I had to say for this chap, onto the Title Segment!

Favorite Moment:

"PLEASE DON'T KILL ME OR LOCK ME AWAY IN A COLD DUNGEON. I'LL DO WHATEVER YOU WANT ME TO DO, JUST PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME WATCH MY LITTLE HUMAN, I'M BEGGING YA PLEASE DON'T!" Yep, that's defiantly a bold and confident response, good going me.

Gotta love a classic Bugze freak out. Don't see them as often as I used to, but they usually are pretty good!

Embarrassing Moment:

Episode 10: Your Helping Me?!?!

I've been told on several occasions by BrownDog that I constantly mix up your and you're. Usually I don't really mind that much since they're in a sea of words and are only noticeable if ya looking for it.

This...was right in the episode title. Yeah....let that sink in and you'll realize why this is a embarrassing moment.

The Beginning of a Running Gag:

" Don't you remember, during the days that I was captured you would come down and give food and water, and you stopped that magical blast from your queen from hitting me. It hit you right in your heart, and I thought you were dead when you didn't get back up." She has tears in her eyes as well as looking at you with sadness.

So you close your eyes and wait for your end to come, completely forgetting that you can teleport, when you hear something. It's not the sound magic makes when you shoot it, you've heard that sound plenty of times to know what that sounds like. No, you hear...laughing?

The ever constant in Bugze's life is that he always somehow, in someway makes a mare cry due to his actions. Usually its due to him indirectly doing something, but the first time it happened was due to his direct actions.

Another running joke is Cadence poorly planned out pranks and her poor taste in humor. She always somehow manages to make jokes with Bugze that makes him second guess his situation. Honestly I didn't think it was a running gag till I saw it all the way back here, so the more you know I guess?

Welp that's it for this review! Reply if you have any questions concerning this chap, for me in general, or to just tell me what you thought of this chapter as well! See ya all tomorrow with the next ep!

Rating: 5.5/10

Kersey475
Group Contributor

I was the one who suggested the "Nightmare Gem" idea when you were still writing Season 1

Down with Chrysalis
Group Admin

Oh...now I remember! Sorry about that Kersey.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3