Applejack is NOT a Background Pony! 160 members · 150 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

I'm surprised that there hasn't been much fandom gossip about this. :rainbowderp: If any of you have read the MLP chapter books..well, they're not very good...but the one about Applejack has a tiny bit of information about her mom. :twilightsmile: (if you would like to read it, it's called "Applejack and The Honest To Goodness Switcheroo).

In this story, Granny Smith gives AJ a journal that used to belong to her mother. Most of the pages are filled with drawings, and Granny Smith says AJ's mom was a great artist, but then she soon became interested in bird watching. I kind of wish there was more information, but it wasn't the main focus of the story. :unsuresweetie:
However, the text said that "Applejack's heart started to beat faster" when granny tells her it used to belong to her mommeh. AAAH SO CUTE :raritydespair: AND SAD!

4171074 As touching as that is, I don't believe it to be cannon. According to what I know, the show cannon always comes first. This goes for the comics and I believe it to be the same for the chapter books. In other words, if it's not in the show, then the matter of whether or not it's cannon is debatable.

4173979 I suppose so. Though that mindset can't apply to "Journal of The Two Sisters", because that particular book was written by Amy Keating Rogers (a show writer).But the other books are up for debate

4174032 That's true. Also, I know who Amy Keating Rogers is. (You tend to learn a few things when you watch a ton of analysis videos on YouTube.)

4174037 lol :twilightsmile: I watch a ton of those too

4174046 You have no idea. The amount I watch is completely insane.:pinkiecrazy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7