Weird Ideas Done Seriously 225 members · 562 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
The SideKick
Group Admin

This is a more in depth guide to the groups folders and the type of content that belongs in them, please read carefully if you are having a hard time finding where to post your story.

Main - This is where all the stories in the group are put, regardless of how strange or mundane they are. It's for if someone wants to look at all the stories at once rather then go through the folders one at a time. I highly recommend that you put your story in this one along with whatever other folder it belongs in. However I must warn you that I reserve the right to remove your story. While this is true for all stories posted in the group I feel it is most important to emphasize it here as some might try to abuse this folder and post their stories only there so they can gain free attention.

Normal Concepts - These stories are the ones that start off normal enough, like Fluttershy having tea with Twilight or Applejack and Rainbow Dash having a competition, but things in someway go crazy as the story progresses. For some convenience these stories are split into two sub-folders.

{ Slow Decent - Stories that lets the weirdness and strangeness creep up on you slowly, letting you take it in at your own pace so you can absorb it easily.

{ Fast Decent - Stories that go wild fast, whip lashing you with the speed it drops into madness, shocking your brain with a jolt of insanity.

Kinda Strange - These stories typically can be defined as stories that are overall normal with one strange or different thing being dropped in, like say the mane six going on a picnic, but Fluttershy is a panda. One simple change to focus on for the story.

Strange - Let's use the Fluttershy is a panda example from above again. Now make her talk like a gangster while still being nice and Rarity falling madly in love with her because of the changes. It's definitely weird and strange on multiple levels, but's it's the only changes that happen and the story stays focused on it for the rest of it's narrative.

Wut? - All focus is lost. The story can't stay on topic for long before jumping to something else entirely. It's not something has changed and it's the focus of the story, no explanation or reasoning for whatever's happening. You are at the whim of the author as they take you through a ride in their mind.

I hope this helped you, if something wasn't clear then don't be afraid to message me and I'll see about fixing up the guide to be more helpful/clear.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1