Super Smash Ponies 248 members · 437 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
TheTrueDragoon
Group Admin

Now I know a lot of Nintendo fans are hyped right now for Pokemon Sun and Moon. I know I am. But this thought came to mind while I was playing Smash recently.

Over the course of Smash's time, many new characters have been added to the roster. From iconic characters to guest characters. Even extras and a few we never really saw coming. And through that time, a few characters have only spent a short time in the roster, having been dropped. And we even saw Nintendo poll fans to see what characters they wanted to see, with Bayonetta being chosen as the fan choice. And there are still many characters we would love to see.

But my question to you is this: What characters do you think should be dropped from the roster? That's right. Who don't you want to see anymore as a playable Smash character?

I've given it some thought and here are my choices.

Toon Link: More or less a clone of Link and really doesn't add that much to the characters. He is in fact Link (albeit an alternate variation). We saw Young Link get dropped and I would regard Toon very similar. Nothing that he has that Link does not have. Nothing that special as a character outside of his design and reference to games like Wind Waker, etc. Fun for a bit, but needs to go.

Jigglypuff: Please drop her already. A very weak character, extremely light, and hardly much of a fighter overall. I see her as a gimick that's used up. Even Jigglypuff's spotlight in the show is long gone. The other Pokemon are either the mascot or fan favorites. Plus, Poken Tournament has a roster of other more viable fighters for Smash to look to for reference. It's time to go.

Duck Hunt: This one I see as a gimick. A unique and interesting fighter but not much to add as a character. An homage to days gone by. It can be good but not great. I just don't see a lot going for it.

Doctor Mario: It's Mario. With a alternate skin. What more is there to say? Nothing new. Nothing different. Literally another Mario. Make him an alternate skin to Mario like Wario's other outfit or the swap between the Koopalings, but drop him as a stand alone character. There is nothing different outside of some ascetics.

Dark Pit: Once again, a second version of another character. Pit this time. Dark Pit might be Pit's dark clone, but that is exactly what you have as a Smash fighter. A clone. Nothing different. Nothing new. Literally an ascetic change and that's it. If he stays, his moves set needs serious work or he should just be an alternate skin for Pit.

Lucinia: First, I like Lucina. But with her move for move similarities to Marth, I don't see her being that different. As a character, she is different and unique. A nice reference to Awakening. But as a smash fighter, nothing. She basically becomes a female version of Marth who is a little weaker but faster. That's it. Either a update to her moves are in order or she needs to go.

There are a few I don't expect to last much longer but I wouldn't really say that I don't want them gone. That, and this has lasted long enough. What about you? What are your choices to drop?

I would drop Doctor Mario, but keep the others. I think clone characters like Lucina and Dark Pit should have unique moves instead or borrowing the moves of Marth and Pit.

5228734 I'm not letting go of any of my babies.

Especially not Toon Link or Jigglypuff. Regular Link is just too heavy, and I love using the aerials on Toon Link.

Jigglypuff: Please drop her already. A very weak character, extremely light, and hardly much of a fighter overall.

Mate.

Don't talk shit about my puffs boi. Besides, Jiggly's one of the Original Tweleve fighters. No way in hell is Jigglypuff going anywhere soon.

(Also Jiggly and Toon Link are my mains)

TheTrueDragoon
Group Admin

5228780 I did mention that Lucina and Dark Pit should get move set changes if they were to stay.

5228788 I'm sorry for coming across as hating on the characters. I'll admit that I'm not a fan of Jigglypuff at all (playing as or playing against), but I do respect others opinions who want to keep her or others.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4