Super Smash Ponies 248 members · 437 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
ZeroChill
Group Admin

Just look under her entry in the High Tier scrappy section to get a better understanding of her strengths.

I need to hear your opinion on this matter SSP. For those that haven't been keeping up with the SSB4 competitive scene, Bayonetta has been dominating a multitude of tournaments since her release. People have considering her to be a broken character, saying that she requires no skill and calling her a Pay2Win character. Her nickname among some circles of Sm4sh fans is even $5.99!

So do you think Bayonetta is a broken character? Do you feel that the people who use Bayonetta and win with her don't deserve those wins?

5075177 It's like saying how Fox was broken in Melee, it's all up to the player. If it's a good player that's in Tournaments all the time then most likely, but if it's a random schmuck you find online you can beat the bitch no problem. It all depends on the player, now I play a decent Bayonetta but I have a feeling I'm nowhere near being 'good' with her but I know I'm a good Bowser, Marth, Ike, Little Mac...actually I'm good with about half the roster in Smash but that's not my point. It depends on the player, that's all I have to say.(but she has a great counter, but Corrin's is the strongest cause it can insta kill most people against a single smash attack)

ZeroChill
Group Admin

I had someone on 4-Glory use the tag system to say 'Pay2Win', call me an Asshole and left because I 2-stocked his Greninja with my Bayonetta handedly.

It really is dependent on the player and how they play. I just happen to click very well with Bayo's playstyle.

5075258 So do I because, as I say again, I'm really good with half the roster. Oh and I also hate the whole 'Pay2Win' crap. It's like 'it's either you stop bitching and play the game better then the character people are drooling over or stop playing'. I mean seriously you don't need to buy these characters to say 'I'm good', hell I could probably beat a Bayo with Bowser, Marth, or even Ganon for christ sakes. And to most people those three characters are terrible even though there played like mad.

ZeroChill
Group Admin

Seriously, saying 'Pay2Win' in a serious way just discredits the person saying it. It's not like the people who use it as a joke tag though, which makes fun of those salty people.

5075366 yeah pretty much

5075283 funny enough, your're right. she might be faster than them, but she does realtively little against a fresh Heavy Character. and it doesnt take much to send her flying. just bait out a witch time or one of her other moves, and she's gonna go far.

TheTrueDragoon
Group Admin

saying that she requires no skill

:rainbowlaugh:

I don't think so. From personal experience (granted I'm not that great of a player and really only play on a 2DS) I can hardly get many combos out of her. I can see her being a top tier character (having watched a YouTuber use her in a For Glory run and watched him drop a lot of combos) but she still only hits so hard. She racks up damage well and can hit hard with smash attacks, but personally, I still say you need to practice more with her than other characters like Cloud or Captain Falcon. From fighting AIs alone, I think Cloud might be more broken with his ability to KO with and up aerial and KO so early with a charged Limit (especially if you can get Finishing Touch to connect).

5075177 She definitely has an outstanding combo game especially with her counter, but for me, she has a rather steep learning curve and is rather difficult to do at first try. Now I don't play Bayonetta as much (I mostly play Cloud because I actually never played a Final Fantasy game before so he's more or less kind of trying out something interesting :twilightsheepish: but I do play others like Ike who's my all-time favorite character and others) but I can agree that if someone who learns her well enough, she can be indefinitely difficult to fight against especially if she catches you in the air

5075741 Yeah pretty much.

ZeroChill
Group Admin

Just be careful not to get read or baited hard by a Bayonetta player. Only pain awaits if you make even one of your actions punishable by her (and punishing is kind of her thing. Funny enough, one of her gameplay mechanics in the Bayonetta games allows her to punish and torture her enemies).

5077121 yep. its punish or be punished by her.

5077561 But her Final Smash is so OP!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13