Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 122 members · 18 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

I'm beginning to write a fanfiction that is a crossover with Super Mystery Dungeon. Does anyone have any suggestions for the book? Just general things that could help me improve the story at all, do's and dont's, that sort of thing. It would really help me a lot. Thanks!

catfire13
Group Admin

Hmmmmmmmm
I denno, so how about some basics.

Main character can't be too OP unless there is something balancing them out
Ex: Sitima from One Punch Man

Plan out da stuff
If inspiration hits, write stuff down and elaborate and expand.

Get. An. Editor. (Or me :3333)

How exactly will the crossover work, though? What's the plot?

Well, the beginning starts out with Twilight studying spells to try to safely go between dementions, and makes a lot of references to the comics. Rarity comes in and gives Twilight the idea to have all of the mane six over for the test, and the CMC hear about it, so they come as well.
Twilight begins the test and puts too much power in to the spell after miscalculating, so the portal that opens up goes out of control. The CMC get sucked in, prompting their sisters to leap in to the portal after them. The last three follow, and then the portal closes.
The rest of the story will follow the basic plot line of SMD, with minor changes. Instead of the scarves, I'm thinking of making the elements appear and give the mane six power. The main villain will be the same, but I may or may not bring in an mlp villain to join them, most likely Sombra.

5054670 The "Twilight screws up a spell" plot is kind of frowned upon, and so are canon re-tellings with characters from another franchise unless you can pull it off well. Try questioning certain parts of the plot, perhaps? Or having characters be shocked by how things in one world are different to another world?

I'm defiantly going to have the world differences be a plot point in the story. I'm also thinking of having Palkia or Arceus be the reason that Twilights spell went wrong. Instead of her putting in too much power like she though, she finds out it was because one of the two legendaries was looking for someone to save them, and their power found the distortion in space caused by the spell. Because of that, the power went to the portal and made it much stronger.

There will be major differences between the game and the story, I will make sure of that, but I don't have it perfectly planned out as the storyline of SMD pretty much gives me a base. I'm not copying it totally, just using it as a guideline.

5055069 How much are you sticking to the plot of Super, then? In the game, it was Mew who summoned the protagonist to the Pokémon world.

I'm going to make it so that mew, Arceus, and/or Palkia summoned them together. Mew's spirit comes to them and says that the world is in danger and helps to summon them. I'm also contemplating having the partner NOT be mew reincarnated, but that was a major point in SMD and I don't know about removing it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8