Black Feather Development 23 members · 2 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Recon777
Group Admin

Well, he's been with us for about a month now, and together, we've pretty much rewritten Portents of Darkness. Orion's "special talent" is in highly-descriptive worldbuilding prose (aka purple prose), which we will keep in check to ensure does not actually turn the story several shades of deep purple. I myself have difficulty in this area, as I tend to be utilitarian and plot focused, along with coming up with good characterizations and dialogue. Between all of us, the only thing that has really been missing in this story has been the fine details which paint the scenes. And this is Orion's specialty.

We've been chatting on Discord over the month of December, and I have only given Orion access to this forum today. Mostly, this was to prevent him from getting distracted and/or overwhelmed by the sheer scope of the story. Also, I was kinda hoping that he'd read through all the drafts first before coming here. But today, we decided, screw it -- it's more valuable to have him aware of the big picture to help with writing specific tones than to be that "fresh set of eyes" giving blind feedback as the story unfolds.

So yes, Orion is officially with us now here in the forum, and he'll be quite active in working on the text of the existing chapters, both published and drafted. Hopefully, I'll get some time to push forward with outlining again soon, but I have a feeling that Orion will bring some much-needed insight and advice on how to create the best story possible.

Woo, I'm me! Yay!

Looking forward to chatting with everyone. All feedback on anything that I touch is appreciated. ^^

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2