Write For Fun, Not Fame 1,246 members · 5,510 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

I always had a difficult time trying to write how Twilight, her friends, the Princesses, and the villains communicate. Even though I tried watching some of the episodes back in the days, I can never decipher how the emotion, the tone, and the way they talk. I don't know how to write female voices because I am used to writing guys voices.

So ,please, how do you write Twilight, her friends, the princesses, and the villains tone and expression? Like how the way they talk? Because I cannot write female voices for crap.

4329456 Get stuff on your mind, then act feminine whilst writing it, then get a ton of emotions. Speaking of stories and emotions, I should write that depression story soon...

Move away from ponies and watch tv or movies.
Watch the faces of the speakers and see what their faces do.
Look at the faces of people outside and see how they change on the topic.

Youtube might be a good place to see faces.

You can also google up how to write with emotion.

Try placing yourself into the shoes or this case horseshoes of the character.

It will not come to you instantly, but picture yourself in a certain characters P.O.V, think of certain scenes happening.

Let us say Fluttershy feeling uneasy, I know the episode where she didn't wish to sing before a audience.

Think how would you normally feel as yourself?, thake those feelings and place them within Fluttershys P.O.V- picture yourself as a meek young female.- your friends tell you yes you sound beautiful, but deep inside you just don't know if that is just a friends stance or the truth.

The fear over taking you as you think, will they enjoy my voice?- what if it is not as pretty as I've been told?- would that mean I'm not pretty?- would that mean I'm not talented?- The feeling of unease that something that makes you happy might be a dead end.

A young female like Fluttershy would feel all these, she is shy, soft spoken and all around out of the spotlight afraid to let her beauty show, because much like many young women, feels that she is not what the world would consider beautiful.

The Mane six they are quite varied as in the mind set of young women.-It will take work but simply place yourself in a womans shoes and try to picture all those insecurities, hopes, doubts and dreams that make up a womans P.O.V.

Even if the woman is not one to flaunt her feminine side, add that small spark to still add that grace all women have.

RD is a bit of a tomboy- but she still cries, wants to feel pretty in her own way and even show her softer side through her tough outlook such as with tank.

One last tip would be.- when writing in a female P.o.v remember that women tend to analyze things more, we tend to look deeper and think things through more often.

Most of the time not jumping head first into something, see if you can get into her eyes and see things in a different way.- try and see the emotions of those around you, feel things more.- notice what many men would not- ever hear a woman tends to worry about the smallest detail?

I hope any of this helped.

Every Mane six character has a different type of feminine quirk keep that in mind as well.- Aj keeps her emotions in check, Rarity is quite girly and flaunts her feelings, pinkie is optimistic, fluttershy is fearful, Twilight is doubtful and insecure, RD bottles her graces up to seem tough.

Good luck!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4