Good Story, Bad Rep 29 members · 40 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Ra1nbowCrasH
Group Admin

Story is here: Rape is Bad, and You Should Feel Bad

Read it, and then post your thoughts on it here. Please include whether it should be added to to the main folder and your reason why.

Sauron
Group Contributor

I read it, and I can honestly say: It deserves to be in the Main Folder.

First off: The story is well written. It lacks any serious grammar or spelling errors, syntax makes sense, it isn't overly complicated or overly simple. In short, perfectly readable.

Second: While the content is quite mature, it handles it in a sensible way, given the subject matter. It accurately depicts rape as a violating, harmful thing. It shows the emotions of the characters. The characterization is good.

I can only conclude that it got disliked for one of two reasons:
1. There is a significant number of people on this site who approve of rape. If not in real life, at least in the stories they read and the groups they join.
2. The ending. Luna takes a rather harsh stance at the end, vowing to wipe out all of humanity because of one human's crime. There are a significant number of people on this site who are very anti-misanthrope and would probably see that as a "Humans are evil, they must die!" thing, which I don't believe it is. I believe Luna is overreacting, but in a justifiable way. If the first alien to come to your world decided to rape someone as their first act, what would you think of their species?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2