Sonata Dusk 1,429 members · 642 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

I'm having trouble coming up with a good opening for a Sonata story. I've read a lot of different fan fics that go into elaborate details of what happened after the Battle of the Bands, but it's really hard thinking up an original approach to what happened to her and her fellow Dazzlings.
If any of you have any great ideas to help me get started, please let me know. I'll be sure to give credit to you at the end of the story, if I ever get the blasted thing rolling.

I started with what I thought would work here.

But, Sonata, with her relentless optimism probably would want to be around people. She would be the teenager or young woman in the coffee shop that would make idle conversation with anyone that made eye contact. She is Pinkie without the sugar addiction... open to a fault, only playing at cluelessness.

Maybe that helps... maybe it doesn't. Good luck all the same!

Tennis Match Fan
Group Contributor

3800227 Here's an idea... the Dazzlings are all equally upset about their defeat, and while Adagio and Aria try to hide it, Sonata shows it, with all crying and stuff. Dagi and Ari try to comfort her with jokes and promises for revenge. Dunno, you can tweak this depending on what your story is about.

3800252 Thanks! Really like your story btw. Although, I have to admit I'm a little behind on my reading of the latest chapters. I will get around to it for sure :pinkiesmile:

3800260 Interesting idea. Kinda wanna have it focus heavily on Sonata coping with the setback. How do I get from her coping to her returning to Canterlot High...Hmm :rainbowhuh:

3800268 Thank you very much. I had to do a two-fer on Tuesday... my confidant told me that a 10,000 word chapter is just too much, so I split it. I'm very happy with Chapters 5 to 7 and need to go back and fix P to 4, now that I have a better idea of what I'm up to. Bottom line - good luck getting your Sonata story started! She's a wonderful character - because I like her so much, I gave her the most difficult road In my story. Maybe you could go easy on her... :pinkiehappy:

3800294 Thanks! Yeah, Sonata's so awesome and cute! I'm going to go easy on her, don't think I wanna make it too dark :eeyup:

Tennis Match Fan
Group Contributor

3800288 Maybe she decides that to feel better, she needs to go out and meet new people. Like how people with depression should spend time with friends to feel better.

3800227 i could give you an idea since i was gonna write a fanfic the aftermath of the dazzling story except in my version adagio dazzle die after the battle of the band take place prior 3 months after their defeat

anyhow sonata were left alone and the dazzling went dissaray aria and adagio have this big argument causing them to seperate their own way leaving only sonata alone

my first impression is that sonata seems soo inocient than evil as matter of that etheir she was trully evil or simply a victim who force to join along side adagio mad ambition

and trully if theres a reason why star swirll send them away maybe something that soo evil that wanted the siren power ethier way
since sonata only siren left stay behind she end up wandering in the canterlot city untill she was found by fluttershy, rarity and sunset shimmer

save for rainbow since that girl is so stubborn to accept unless she earn her trust

3800326 Hmm...good idea. May work that in somewhere.

Hmmm...I don't know. I'm currently working on a story where the three girls easily become besties with three girls from the mane six.

Like this:

Sonata and Pinkie Pie would be besties for sure, because of their optimism.

I don't know much about Aira's personality, but I saw her getting along and becoming besties with Rainbow Dash.

Adagio I thought might be more open to being besties with Sunset Shimmer. Just an idea.

Maybe you could do one where the three seek back through the portal, before Twilight leaves. (Because if you think about it, the portal was open for a whole other night after the dazzlings were defeated.) And then they get caught by Twilight at the castle of something like that. Twilight brings them before Celestia and tells her who they are, what they are, and what they did. Celestia then can order that they be put in the dungeon, but instead, Twilight begs Celestia to give them mercy and let her and her friends reform them. Or something along those lines. I know you want to focus mainly on Sonata, so maybe this could give you an idea, it just randomly popped into my head, so yeah. I'll tell you if I come up with anything else.

I haven't written any stories, but I personally like stories in which the dazzlings stay together after the battle. It just seems more in character for them to do so. It's really hard to make a story were they separate and keep them in character, but stories were they separate are still good. I just personally prefer ones were they don't. Hope it helps

3801891 I think it would be in character for them too. I do enjoy stories where Sonata is on her own too.
Not sure what I'm going to do with the story yet. I want them (The Dazzlings) at Canterlot High again. But how to do that after they were defeated and humiliated by students from that school? Hm...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14