Story Standards 268 members · 189 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
hailspider
Group Admin

Huh. Two by the same author in one day. This one's also more recent.

Link: https://www.fimfiction.net/story/273204/prince-of-equestria
Wordcount: 4,812
Rating:Teen
Tags: Sex, Gore, Tragedy, Adventure, Alternate Universe, Human

Grammar: There aren't any spelling mistakes that I caught. However, there are numerous missing commas. It's also a bit stilted and ambiguous at the start. There are also some tense errors. 6/10
Characterization: Twilight's snappier than normal, and Fluttershy's particularly one-dimensional, and her doubt of Twilight seems a bit forced, but they're not too bad overall. 6/10
Use of Canon: Sending in an additional mage doesn't really seem necessary or like something Celestia would do. The callback to the Poison Joke doesn't make too much sense, but it's nice to actually have references to in-show events. 6/10
Plot Consistency: There are no inconsistencies that I could find. 10/10
Use of OCs: Limelight has a strong personality, though I still don't think he was particularly necessary. 5/10
Coherence: It's rather hard to tell what's going on at first. The perspective switch between the two chapters is a bit disorienting, even though it is labeled. Also, switching perspectives doesn't really seem to do anything for this story. 5/10
Genres*:
Sex: Currently, this tag has been completely irrelevant. 0/10
Gore: Again, this tag hasn't been relevant yet. 0/10
Tragedy: Again, this tag has been totally meaningless. 0/10
Adventure: So far, it seems more like Slice Of Life. 1/10
Alternate Universe: It's only been very slightly "alternate" so far. 2/10
Human: We haven't even seen the human yet, though at least a decent reason has been given for using one: magical immunity. 3/10
Conclusion:
This was submitted far too early in the story to even have much of a chance at being accepted. Try again later.
44/120 = 36.667%
Rejected.
*I will be willing to re-review this in the future, when the Genre aspects are more fully developed. Hopefully, its other problems will also be fixed by then.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1