Story Standards 268 members · 189 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
Dragonborne Fox
Group Admin

Starvation
Tragedy, Sad (teen-rated)
1,225 words (one-shot)
Grammar: 9.5/10 A few errors (read: two so far), far in between that don't take away from the story. There's no dialogue, though.
Characterization: 9.5/10 Depicts last moments of dying in a telly manner without dialogue, but plays this off beautifully.
Use of show canon: It does mention changelings harvesting love, and the queen, but that's about it. It does mention the Link, which serves as the hivemind's connection, and is fanon. So the score is 4/10
Plot consistency: 8/10 It's a simple one-shot without dialogue, and it revolves around changelings starving to death. Nothing more, nothing less, really. Could have been expanded on, but hey, I like it this way, to be honest.
Use of OCs: N/A, changelings are used, though one is named Zethral.
Coherence: 10/10 It flows smoothly, is well-paced, and even has a dramatic scene for the ending. Complete with music provided in the story via video.
Extra things for genre: 10/10 No points to be deducted from here, since the changelings' end is made so simple and yet so beautiful. Starving to death is a serious issue, and it was played off very well in the last moments of what remained of the hive. No points deducted from the touchy topics section either, which will not be included in this review.

19 + 4 + 8 + 10 + 10 = 51 out of the needed 60 to pass. Which is 85%.

Anyone let me know if I need to do a re-review of this. In the meantime, have some fanart I went and did for the story.

And some music too.

3850788 Um, you did the math wrong. It's 51/60 which leads to 85%.

3850850 Great. Sorry I haven't been posting reviews. My school schedule had thrown me out of whack.

Dragonborne Fox
Group Admin

3850870 That sucks. :/

3850877 Yeah. Our old Spanish teacher had to leave, and then with some schedule issues, so now I have a Spanish and physics test every other Wednesday, along with some other tests every three or four weeks. I hope to get back to reviewing soon though.

Dragonborne Fox
Group Admin

3850928 I do too. Group's been kinda dead.

3850933 Yeah. A thread discussing the short lives of reviewing groups came up in Twilight's library recently. It's worth checking out if you've got a chance. I know I should have been more active, but I've sorta been dealing with a lot. At least Christmas break and New Years is coming up, so I expect I'll have time then.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9