Robin Williams 112 members · 9 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Today, as another one of my ways to dedicate Robin Williams, I'm gonna be showing you guys a video that I find to be absolutely hilarious. It not only stars Williams, but also another one of the world’s best comedians: Carol Burnett.

In this sketch, Carol Burnett stars as Susan, the widow of a deceased husband who has been frequently greeting the mourners who come on behalf of her late husband. Everything pretty much goes on without much of a jump, until a guest named Marcus, played by Robin Williams, comes and proves himself to be unlike any of the others. He not only comes because of how much he misses Susan's husband, who was also his friend, but also to get Susan to not hide her sadness for her husband's passing.

Having been seeing this sketch a lot lately, I literally just couldn't deny how hysterical the whole thing was. Williams's improvisation throughout the whole thing, and the personality he gave his character, was so funny I couldn't keep myself from laughing. I likewise admired how Carol Burnett often seemed convincingly flustered around Williams, and how for some moments, she seemed like she was on the verge of laughing.

Robin Williams is literally one of the funniest people I've ever seen on the screen. I've seen a number of the works he's done, and he's actually even one of my top inspirations in terms of being a screen-comedian. When I found out that he died a few years ago in the very wake of it, I couldn't help but find myself on the verge of crying. But yet, even now, I find that as long as he's kept in our hearts, and have faith that he's in a better place now, everything will be okay.

I wanted to share this video as a dedication to him, like I've often done with my positive reviews on some of his movies.

I really wish that this would be released on a DVD soon, because this would be something I'd really like to keep. And, I know that the screen and sound are not in the best of quality in this video, but it was the best I could find.

Take a look and tell me what you guys think:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1