Weekly Contests 373 members · 110 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

The deadline is being extended to 21 June 2015 — the summer solstice. (Or the winter solstice depending on what hemisphere you live in!)

The basic rules are unchanged:

1) Has to be at least 1,000 words, no more than 4,000.
2) Has to include "For the Summer Fun Contest" somewhere in description.
3) Should be about the summer and must include some pony having fun outside or at a party or something.
4) Not M-rated.
5) You may use OCs, any characters, and any amount of characters. May be humanized or ponies.

The original user who set up this contest is currently banned from Fimfiction :fluttershysad:, so the prize has changed. Phantom Heart (formerly known as Paper Scribbles) has offered:

» A nice one-shot story commission, not NSFW — rated everyone or teen.
» Also a single pony drawing in a neutral position.

Also, your story will be added to this group's Winners folder, and I'll give you a virtual pat on the back, and a voucher for a free hug. (Not that you'll ever be able to track me down to redeem it. Mwahahaha!)

To judge the stories, I'll write a short review for each story and give it a score from 0–5 in these five categories: characterization, storyline, readability, relevance to the topic of the contest, and overall enjoyment. These will then be added up to give each story a total score. Any stories submitted by the contest's original deadline (1 June) will get two bonus points. After that, the story with the most points wins.

4417021 Nice. Can't wait for the other submissions.

Now for the waiting game.

*Eats lays to start*

Comment posted by Holocron deleted May 29th, 2015
Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4417127 Summer fun, not fun in the sun. :derpytongue2:

4417127 You're confusing this contest with the "Fun in the Sun" contest. The "Summer Fun" contest was started by MLPEGRRR.

Oh thank god lol i feel silly now

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

Since i'm not judging-I did pull out of this contest, but since it is in need of some love- I shall place my hoof back into the running to be honest.

I need to dust of my writing skill's anyway, Take you into a world far away.

As a wise pony once spoke, to all of the listening townfolk.

If you don't use it, you lose it.

4487755 I suppose that the sole entry wins by default, but I'll still review it, give it a score, etc. Probably tonight.

4487777 Thnx I guess.
(Shame. I really expected a lot of fun stories, whether I won or not.)

Whoops. Spaced this one… :twilightsheepish:

Okay, this contest is closed, and Mane 6 VS Rio De Ja-mare-o by Mysticalrainboom wins of course.

Could somebody please put the story in the "Winners" folder for this group? I don't appear to have permission to do so.

I have delivered the virtual pat on the back and the voucher for a free hug. I'll contact Phantom Heart (who has now changed her user name to Twilight Phantom) tomorrow about the other parts of the prize which she volunteered.

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4488264 Whoops. I'll have to fix the permission thing for the winners folder. I'll take care of it for now. Anyway, congrats to the winner.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14