Weekly Contests 373 members · 110 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

These are the Weekly Contest rules. Please follow them to the best of your abilities.
1. Be respectful to other users.
2. Don't spam.
3. Users are allowed to host their own contests, but you must have fair guidelines for judging the entries if you choose to host a contest. Judging the entries based on how well they are received by the site itself, i.e. likes or bookshelf tracking, is not a valid way to judge. Any contest hosted, whether by the group admins or by groups members, will have its winner posted in the winner's folder.
4. Users may ask to join the judges. They will be awarded contributor status, but they will not be able to compete in any group contest they judge.
5. A story must be written entirely during the duration of the contest..
6. Users may contribute the idea or prompt for a contest if they so desire.
7. Users must abide by the parameters given in the contest thread.
Also, if you have any questions, feel free to ask me or another admin.

4321954 6. There is no Rule 6. :rainbowlaugh:

3. Users are allowed to host their own contests, but you must have fair guidelines for judging the entries if you choose to host a contest. Judging the entries based on how well they are received by the site itself, i.e. likes or bookshelf tracking, is not a valid way to judge.

That's very interesting! I've had a vague idea for a contest bouncing around in my head for ages now, but it's never come to anything because I didn't know how I could get people to see it. An existing, active group like this might provide a way forward... :yay:

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4322074 Oops... I'll fix that. Also, about the members hosting contests, that's been unclear for a little while. It was one of those 'allowed but not clear' type scenarios. There just wasn't a big sort of IT'S ALLOWED! moments. If you do host a contest, good luck.

Something tells me this group isn't gonna host another contest. Would it be alright for me to post a link to my contest here?

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

5467267 By all means.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6