Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Everything Wrong With

Equestria Girls: Dark Duel Stories

By Rawg

A Friendly Little Competition!

I'm sure it'll be.
I

Pinkie gasped audibly. “What if he went to hang out with someone else?!” she wailed.

The horror! He only knows you six and no one else!
II
Also, if you want him to notice you, duel each other. Make sure Sunset pulls out Red Nova. I'm sure he'll just come running to you.
III

There was something that I couldn’t get off my mind; what was that key he wore?

It's called a 'plot device'.
IV

Lux! Hey!” I called, waving a friendly hand. Lux looked up and blushed, lowering his head as he quickened his pace

Oooooh shiiiiii-
V

I smiled gently. “Well, would you like to hang out with me and my friends at the park later? We could duel if you’d like, or we can just talk,” I suggested.

[youtube=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xsOndG_JgZM]

The boy shuffled his feet nervously. “I don’t know,” he said slowly, “I’m not very sociable around new people…”

F*ck! Lux! You cockblock!
VI

I gave him a comforting look. “Come on, you can trust us! Besides, you’re new here, so it’d be a good idea to make some friends, right?” I asked hopefully.
Lux seemed to think about this for a moment, looking uncertain at first, but a small smile eventually crossed his lips. “Yeah, that’d be nice,” he replied softly. “I have some chores to take care of at home, but I’d be happy to meet you all there later on.”

Jesus christ! Lux, think for yourself!
VII

I nodded happily, slightly surprised at how quickly Lux changed his tune.

Yeah, being self aware won't help you.
VIII

I took a deep breath. “He’ll be at the park at 5,” I said finally. “Now, he’s a little on the nervous side, so don’t crowd him too much when he shows up, alright?”

The foreshadowing is so strong I can't f*cking see!

Pinkie Pie waved dismissively. “Come on, Sunset; this is me we’re talking about!” she said happily.

Is that you, Rawg? Someone turned the lights off.
IX

“In fact, I’m kinda hoping he chooses her as a dueling partner, since they’re so alike personality-wise,” I added

If Lux's deck matches his personality, then the only way someone's winning is from a draw-out.
X

Applejack stood up quickly. “I happen to recall being the only one on neutral ground in the whole affair; it was you, Rainbow, and Pinkie who were arguing left and right over who got to duel Lux first!”

Was that really an argument? I'd qualify it to be closer to suggesting.
XI

I quickly stood between my two friends. “Girls, what did we agree on?” I said sternly, “We’re all connected by some kind of magic that gets weaker when we fight; either you just call it even, or duel each other to settle this.”

Okay, firstly you all never really came to a solid agreement. Secondly, that's the worst catch to magic. That's probably the shows fault. Not Rawg's (I don't know. I haven't watched the show in over a year). Lastly, Rainbow, take my Synchros!
XII

Rarity strapped on a snow-white duel disk of her own and drew a hand of cards

So Sunset's Duel Disk is red, Applejack's is tan-and-brown, and Rarity's is white. I take it that Rainbow's is cyan with rainbows, Pinkie Pie's is straight up pink, and Fluttershy's is yellow and purple?
XIII

I activate the field spell, Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins!” she declared, placing a spell card into the field slot on her duel disk. The immediate area around the two duelists shifted and shimmered as a holographic projection of a coliseum appeared around them.

Bakugan! Brawl!

Oh...
XIV

Sapphire Pegasus, attack her dreadful Warwolf!

Warwolves have feelings too y'know!
XV

Rarity huffed. “Well, you may have weakened my monster, but by destroying that spell, you’ve allowed me to place yet another Crystal Beast in my spell/trap zone!”

I never understood Crystal Beasts. Couldn't Heavy Storm take them all out?

Applejack nodded. “That kitty isn’t going to help you much,” she said nonchalantly as she placed a monster card on her duel disk

This is probably Rawg's favorite word. This merits a sin, trust me. I don't know why I'm sinning this.
XVI

Take out her pony, elves!” Applejack commanded, and the elves charged, swinging their axes at Rarity’s Sapphire Pegasus. The monster flailed its forehooves frantically as it vanished, and Rarity’s duel disk ticked down to 6900.

:trollestia:
XVII

Rainbow shrugged. “It’s how they work things out, I guess,” she said thoughtfully. “Hey, why are you so intent on getting that new kid to hang out with us? You got a crush on him or something?” she inquired teasingly.

This cliché.
XVIII

I blushed hotly; not because I actually did have a crush on him,

But because I had a crush on him.
XIX

Pinkie suddenly popped up between us. “Maybe he’s as fun and bouncy as me!” she said hopefully.

Clueless|Oblivious|Stupid
| | :pinkiegasp:
XX

He could be like any one of us once he gets comfortable with us,” Fluttershy pointed out. “He could be regal like Rarity, tough like Applejack, quiet like me, confident like Rainbow Dash, or wild like Pinkie Pie; he could even be smart and caring like you, Sunset Shimmer,” she added.

Or he could be cryptic like Azura.

Rawg, if he is I'm going to have to shoot you.
XXI

Applejack smirked. “You think I don’t have a backup plan?”

No, I really don't.
XXII

You were lucky this time, darling; if you didn’t have those cards, or if I had some way to stop your trap card, I would have been the victor.”

I think you can attribute that to any duel.
XXIII

“They saw me talking to you. Students like them may not have realized the implications of someone appearing to talk to themselves, but word travels fast in a high school; clever ears may have found out, and our entire plan would be ruined!”

Yeah. It's hard to execute your master plan while in a mental institution. Damn evil spirits!
XXIV

“You feel it, don’t you? Your other half,” he asked gently, and the shadow purred. “It’s here, at this school; it all seems a little convenient, doesn’t it?

I know, right?! It's almost like you're in a story!
XXV

This is much more than mere coincidence. This is destiny,” he exclaimed happily.

Ecstasy is not 'destiny'.
XXVI

Total Sin Talley: Twenty-Six.
Sentence: The Institution!

5894596 *types up response*
*page crashes*
Me: f*ck! Well, I'll just tell you this, 69 is a sin because of Super Smash Brothers 4 sex percent PTSD. Trust me. :trollestia: This is not an excuse (probably). And on the subject of Smash 4, here's a little clip of me using a pocket character in a tournament as a f*cking joke. https://clips.twitch.tv/SourDiligentTarsierOSsloth
Totally not shameless self promotion and totally not advertising the Fairbanks Smash scene.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3