Genesis Reviews 9 members · 9 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Bakmah Genesis
Group Admin

Alright, I did this half out of the sympathy of the author getting all these bad and "meh" reviews, so I decided to give him a good, honest review without the 'Ew, it's Spike' controversy.

Also, I need to review again.

This was Spike's room.

I noticed this right away. It is kinda odd to go 'She stopped at a familiar door." End the sentence, then go, "This was Spike's room.". It would read a bit clearer and less harsh if you put just Spike's Room or added it after a comma. Ex: She stopped at a familiar door, Spike's room. It gives it a bit smoother read. However, this is also a author's choice and not many editors will hound on you over it, depending how strict they are.

Now, as we travel past the first page break, we get to see what led up to this, mostly seeing Spike massive, Twilight excusing everything, and Spike yelling on the top of his lungs like he was about to murder her. Oh what a lovely day in Ponyville.

Now, some might call Twilight's behavior OOC, then again, some might forget Want It, Need It. :pinkiesick: Anywhore, it is known that Twilight has the tendency to freak out when something is wrong in her personal life. She will instantly either have a breakdown, or shoot around theories, both rational and absurd. So, this is pretty much on cue. As for the way Spike handled it, the poor dude has been ignored long enough. :moustache:

You're scared for him, but he thinks you're scared of him."

So....Rares has awesome guessing skills, or did she use her physic powers and saw the flashback? Or maybe, SHE'S PINKIE'S LOST COUSIN!!!' That or you instinctively had her act like this, forgetting Rarity did not know what has happened and only knows Spike is scared and Twilight is on the verge of another breakdown. It is forgivable, though. We've all done this.

"I got lost around the third sentence or so."

The best way to describe Zecora.

He's so removed and isolated, playing those little games of his.

SweetieMash confirmed

Now, we have the main of the story. We find out that Spike's magic made him grew because he thought that it would make him seem more responsible and stop people from thinking of him as just a child. Rarity, after realizing this, looks back on how she treated the drake that would move mountains to please her. In all honesty, it shows this ship in the light that is MEANT to be shown. And it makes me happy that someone actually did that.

In the end, since I saw pretty much no errors spelling and grammatically, this story gets a solid :moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:/5 for story, plot, grammar, and it's beautiful characterization. Good job, sir.

Story link here

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1