Freedom VS Harmony 598 members · 308 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

So this is an idea I've had for a while that I altered for the displace multiverse. I don't know all the lore and backstory so not everything will match exactly.

I have been alone for a long time. Sometimes i think i have always been here and question what I'm doing. Then my memories return and I remember why I do what I do. Why I continue to practice and refine my abilities even though it has been countless eons in this place. I look out into the world I created. It's peaceful. A world bursting with life. Large cities dot the landscape, a blend of nature and stee, they are filled with trees, flowers and vines decorating the towering buildings. Each isolated and surrounded by great walls though connected underground through a system of tunnels and subways. Each are built to by self sustaining in food, water, energy and made to last, a perfect city for anyone, if anyone actually lived there. The cities stand empty, only patrolled by the great machines I created to tend to this world.

I think to how I got here and my first encounter with what most would call magic or the supernatural. I was at a library for I loved to read and hoped to write my own stories one day. This day was unique though, i heard a yell and a flash of light nearby. I looked and only saw a book on the ground. I picked it hesitatly and looked at the title. It was written in what looked like Japanese characters so I couldn't tell what it was. This is when he appeared. To this day I believe that I was under a glamour or something similar for what happened next. He appeared and asked me to give him the book. He said that it was magic and will offer a reward. I gave it to him and he sent me away from my universe and into another.

I have learned much since then and have found that I can never return home. I am completely severed from my world and though I can travel to any of versions of Earth they will not be the one I originated from. I also believe that the one known as The Merchant made a mistake. He and a few other beings are sending people out of their world and into another universe. Why? For power. The breaking of the bonds of the person to their universe is similar splitting an atom and generates incredible energy though it is hard to channel without most of it being lost and dispersed across both universes, most of it sent into the displaced and usually granting them a small power unique to each person or sometimes doing nothing.

To counter the dispersement they used costumes as a focus for how the power shoild be channeled, lowering the dispersion in the recieving universe. Then they used a universe with weak boundaries to encourage travel into the multiverse. Each time they bumble around distorting the worlds and multiverse they generate more energy that is siphoned back to the Displacers though I have no idea what they could be using that energy for. Picture it like time travel. Everything you do and change has drastic consequences and distorting timelines and spacetime are things you should AVOID, not do on purpuse if you do not have the necessary power to contain the effects.

In my case I didn't have a physical focus but more a mental one of the characters I wished to create. The end result was a being a called a Traveler. Beings outside the multiverse that are able to manipulate worlds however they wish like an author writes the actions of every character and the events that happen. They can manipulate events in multiple ways from being a puppet master, to training a champion, to changing things ourselves in a physical body. Travelers are not gods so we don't have to follow their rules.

Every Traveler is different, though I currently the only one as far as I know. Some wish for good triumph, some seek the destruction of everything. I am neutral and follow only one thing, Change, and from change I give Freedom. I can grant those who follow me the power and knowledge to change themselves and the world around them. For good or evil does not matter as long as their is change. All of this power is comes at great risk of boredom and apathy. Things to avoid unless you wish to destroy entire worlds just to see what would happen. Luckily Travelers are neither Omniscient nor Omnipotent and cannot predict everything that will happen.

I created this realm in order to understand what I have become and have been increasing my powers and knowledge ever since. I look out into the multiverse and see what the Displaced. Their actions creating new worlds in this already unstable multiverse. No good can come of this. If something does not happen soon then either the Displacers will achieve their goal or this entire section of the multiverse will collapse in on its self. I have stayed out of it so far, unwilling to play the game. But maybe I can work behind the scenes. Aiding the Displaced and stregthening the worlds so they don't destroy themselves.

The only question is, should I?

What do you think? Please comment and any critique is welcome.

This sounds interesting

Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

How does it compare with the cannon lore?

I find my idea of the danger to the multiverse a good one.

Well there was a War of Understanding so you can look into the details on that and see if you can do anything with that

Well there was a War of Understanding thing a while back so you can look into that. However there are the Admins that run that multiverse so there is that.

Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

I heard of it but don't know the details. My character can aid the Displaced and warn them of the danger they are causing if the Admins think its a good idea.

Sounds good.

Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

Talked to the lore guy. He said it doesn't fit with lore and will be a non-displaced fic if I ever made it as is.

So how does my version compare with the official lore?

The energy thing sounds plausible, and I have wondered why they did turn into their characters. I think this could be an AU to the canon. Like a possibility of what could happen

Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

Yeah, the lorist said that their is no energy from the transfer and he didn't really tell me the motivation for it.

It seems that the Diaplaced verse is a little random and this can be a darker, more logical AU.

Not sure if anyone will actually use the idea though.

Maybe you can ask some of the other Authors who have a Displaced fic and tell them of your idea and ask what they think about it

Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

I put it on the weekly story idea thread in the displaced group. They said that its interesting.

Which sucks because just saying its good doesn't really help me improve it. I like it when I get more then one word answers like you did.

You're welcome and maybe you should ask them to think about it and then debate it with them?

Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

I have. No ever really does it. Check out my other ideas in the forum and tell me what you think.

Alright then I'll do that

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15