Freedom VS Harmony 598 members · 308 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

Is it just me or is the featured box messed up? Before it used to show some cool and intersting atories but is now just filled with romance stories and stuff. Where did all the good stuff go?

I don't have a problem with the romance, but when a story is "hot" because of lots of upvotes then we get what we get even if they're not quite at the quality expected of being a "featured" story.

I've gotten some great smut from the featured box so I can't complain. Lol. Still, it's good you brought this up.

Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

Yeah. I l'm not saying romance is bad but its not always done well. Now you have to find a good group and hope they have good stories unless you want to scroll done an entire list of stories till one catches your interest.

Oh I wasn't implying that you think romance is bad. No, not at all. But yes, hopefully one would find a good group with stories to sate your hunger. I have a large list of stories to read later, but I keep hording them :rainbowlaugh:. Even so, I don't put much weight in the feature box anymore. It's just another widget that wants to shove potentially sub-par work in my face and tell me to read it like my 4-year-old cousin does with his pokemon fanfiction.

Thankfully it's the only widget like that on this site.

Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

What do you think of the stories in this group?

Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

It was good before. They just have fix it or something.

calinjc
Group Contributor

The featured box isn't broken. It's just run by people who are suckers for that kind of stuff.

I have yet to look into this group's collection of fics. I have this and soooo many others to go through.

I want to give you a internet, but I'm out of stock today. I'll come back tomorrow.

Calling it "broken" or another synonym would be inaccurate. It executes the function just fine and it requires us to become active. This is just how I figure how the "Featured" box works. It brings content to the front paged that has been perceived by a significant amount of people or satisfied some sort of ratio in relation to time published to be a damn good read. Consequentially there has been some truly crap fics that made it to the front page. For the most part I'm fine with it and being a reader of fanfiction I understand what I'm getting into and accept the risk of spending one minute to one hour of reading a story which does not satisfy me.

I suppose in the end just let it be.

Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

So all the good stories are either old or not updating often?

Not just old or infrequently updating, but simply slipped under the radar to where it doesn't trigger the Featured box to pick it up and shunt it to the front page. Also keep in mind we have the Popular sidebar :pinkiesmile:. And of course what one considers to be "good" is a matter of personal preference and/or one's perceived "standards"...but that's an entirely different can of worms so let's not get into that! :pinkiehappy:

Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

Can you go through the main story list and add some of the good stories that you've read?

...alright, you asked for it.

I'll get around to it half past almost never. Got my own priorities. Just ask around for reviews.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13