Freedom VS Harmony 598 members · 308 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19
Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

This is a combination of all my other threads on the History of Equestria and the origins of the modern ponies. I will be doing this in seperate comments to avoid wall of text and possible deletion so i dont have to start over like I am right now. The idea of this is to fill in many of the plot holes and make the world a more realistic moral grey.

Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

It all began with the ancient Alicorn Empire. With their natural abilities and magic they created advanced magical achievements and expanded their territory due to their strength and tech. They were in a golden age of prosperity. But with this came pride and vanity. They believed themselves superior then others and eventually, greater then the world.

They developed magic experiments to control the weather and nature itself. At first the results were promising and they rushed forward and in the brought about their own downfall. They created chaotic magic which gave birth to Discord. They sought to control him but failed and in anger, Discord cursed the Alicorns to lose their power.

Thus is the untold end of the Alicorn Empire and the begining of the Three Tribes.

Interesting, but it makes alicorns come off even more as a master race than they already did.

Not saying it's bad, just what came to mind when I read this.

Still, it could work.

Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

With their Empire in ruins and sensing the curse begining to weaken them, they were determined to overcome the curse. With no known cure they decided to combine their remaining powers into six artifacts that were divided between what will eventually become the Three Tribes.

After generations of seperation and curse affecting them they become the three groups of modern ponies. Eventually the tribes gathered and found the similarities between them and decided to merge together and founded the Three Tribes Kingdom.

The Tribes lived in peace and were slowly gaining their lost knowledge. This is when Celestia and Luna arrived. The last of the pure Alicorns, their family had perfected the ancient experiments in control and with the power was able to prevent the curse in their daughters.

They appeared before the Tribe leaders and demanded that they swear fealty as they believed was their birth right. When they refused, the Alicorns summoned a blizzard to force them to give in. After months of starvation they finally succeeded and left with their new followers to find a new land.

Those who remained survived and grew strong from the constant hardships and swore to never be forced to bow to another again. This sparked a rapid growth in technology and militarization to combat the Alicorns and others like them.

Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

They aren't a master race but they believed they were. They just have more advantages then other races.

Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

With their new followers, Celestia and Luna came to the land that will become known as Equestria. It was home to a variety of races and the great plains were the home of the Buffalo and Diamond Dogs lived in the lived in the hills and forests.

Claiming the land as their own, they used their magic to push the other races away and built a castle in the center of a great plain and expanded their newly found kingdom. Over time they destroyed knowledge of the past and the ponies came to accept their new lives. They taught those they trusted the ability to control the world around them and began weather manipulation and vast farms and orchards. The magic influenced the environment and changed the behavior of the native creatures and even nature.

Thus was the beginings of modern Equestria.

Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

Now is when they began to face conflicts with the various villains that appear in the show and maybe some OCs.

https://www.fimfiction.net/group/204141/freedom-vs-harmony/thread/214590/story-idea-villians-are-good-guys

Combined with Star Swirl the Bearded's mirror that showed Celestia and Luna another world. This could be the part where they realize their mistakes when they see the horrors made in another world by those doing what they have done.

Oh, so they were like elves, oh so superior until they got their asses handed to them? That I can get behind.

As for the rest, I love it.

Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

Yeah. So after years of acting like assholes and gaining a bunch of enemies they turn a new leaf when a new world gives them a new perspective. I bet they would be horrified at nuclear fire, riots, genocide, and other stuff so they probably saw World War 2.

Cutie Marks could be a way they changed pony culture to be more complacent and t he sun and moon thing could be a way they convinced the peasants of their power.

Sombra could be someone who successfully seceded but was cursed with constant nightmares which made him lose his sanity.

Tirek and Scorpan were visiters from another land and when Tirek tried to free the ponies from the Alicorns rule, he was betrayed by jis brother and sent to Tartarus. He was driven mad and filled with anger. Discord's friendship could have reminded him of this and was why he betrayed him.

Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

The origin of the Elements of Harmony could be that they gathered the six Alicorn Artifacts and used the power to create what would turn into the Elements.

Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

I wish I could but I don't have the drive or the means to do so right now. What I need is a cowriter who could wright it and work with me and bounce ideas off each other.

The story is missing a main plot. Are the survivors the main story? Luna? Or something else entirely.

I'm the same way.

Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

Yeah you come up with many ideas.

I'm the same way and I'm trying to write my ideas online so that others can use them.

I like think it helps people or at least gives them a fun diversion.

calinjc
Group Contributor

So what happens next?:applejackunsure:

Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

That is what we have to decide. Each of the threads had a different conflict. The Remnants VS Equestria, Humans VS Equestria, and Luna VS Celestia. Together the theads make a much more complete backstory and allows for multiple plots.

calinjc
Group Contributor

So what really made Sunset want to abandon Celestia in this new timeline?

Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

The reason could still be the same as canon. She was Celestia's student and basically raised by her mentor. Or she could have found one of the forbidden texts of the past and was horrified by it so decided to run before she was "taken care of."

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19