Goo Ponies 398 members · 28 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Do you like your Slimes with a bit of Atomic Toxicity, as pure as expertly filtered gooey water?

Its strange thinking about slime ponies and the realm of logic, I usually just try to imagine how thick they are or how they feel.

So I am gonna jump in to the least toxic slime description i could think of. I think the least dangerous slimes would be ones that are strong enough to expel anything toxic from their systems. Perhaps these slimes could contain some sort of interior field of magic that keeps them sanitary enough to make contact with anypony, perhaps like a living hand sanitizer pony?

I think mabye the most common depiction of slime pony and/or humanoid would be allong the lines of old water or bodily fluids, they are probably non-lethal and don;t carry any fatal diseases, but they have the same health restrictions as interacting with another living being of the same species, or on a worse level they could be like a living glob of spit or something like that. Technically safe, but there is still a risk of germ exposure.

Some slimes might even be medicinal in nature, where specific contact with a rash will fix it up, but on the other hand it might not be a good idea to ingest any of the goo, it would be like eating a general household appliance that was not meant to be eaten.

Moving Closer to the Dangerous side of things, there could be slime ponies that qualify as an environmental hazard. If they contact any lakes for long, it will count as pollution and are absolutely very harmful when they are contacted or consumed by other living creatures, I would imagine these kinds of slimes would have a hard time finding a home in pony society or even in an animal shelter. Too much contact from one or an attack from one might get somepony moderately ill, while a whole herd of them together would probably be a big enough of a problem to be lethal.

Then there is the RPG brand of slime monster that is literally corrosive/flaming /etc. These slimes would probably be considered mutants or predators that might as well hunt down most creatures in the everfree (maybe including ponies) These slimes are lethal with extensive contact, and may or may not have a cloud of poison around them. One thing I would like to see with this kind of slime.

The only slime i could think of that might be worse than this would probably be Boss/Powerful Force of Nature kind of like the Changelings. Its hard not to go straight to Nuclear Radiation, or a type of magic that could bring the slime up to a Tirek or Discord Level of a threat. One thing I would like to see, is how Ponyville and all the Main ponies try to react to the scenario, and if they can find one other than fighting the slimes off.

So that's all the potential for ideas and stories regarding slimes and Toxicity Levels, if anyone has any other ideas for stories or Lore, feel free to say so in the comments! :raritywink:

4591243 For me, it depends on type

Slime and Goo ponies (there's a difference in texture) aren't toxic, and it's actually possible to exist indefinitely on their portions. This is good, because it's a custom to give part of their bodies to a new friend to eat.

Then there are Tar, Grime, and Muck ponies...

4591243 I like the Generic Slime which does not have any special sanitization, but at the same time I definitley don't like thinking too much of germs.

Though now that I think of it, it seems to make sense that if a slime is sticky enough it will pick up germs from other places. Hmm I wonder if slimes even get sick or what that would even be like? I guess that's a thread for another day.

4591281 Ooooh! That's interesting. what are the differences between Tar Grime and Muck ponies? If you don't mind me asking. :pinkiesmile:

4591463 Tar ponies have fangs, tend to be tall, and have (non-functional) wings shaped like a wing bone in old cartoons, you know, with those three separate finger... things?

With grimes and Mucks, it's also a consistency and color thing

Goo- runny and gooey
Slime- basically gelatin
Tar- thick, slightly gooey
Grime- more slippery
Muck- ...imagine Muk or Grimer from Pokémon.

they also have cultural differences. Slimes and Goos don't get along with each other (Slimes are more mature, Goos are more childish), Grimes are okay, but have a snobbish manner about them, Mucks and Slimes are at odds because Slimes like tidiness and Mucks don't. Tars are a neutral field, but mischievous and likely to start arguments between other Amorphous Pony groups to see what happens

4591243 I've rarely written about slimes/ slime ponies, but I have thought a lot about them. I've once written the physical form of the pony of the apocalypse, Pestilence as a giant toxic slime monster. Meanwhile his sister was actually the physical form of the cure spell.

I've often wondered if slime creatures become more stable or slimy based on their diet. For example if they eat salt it might destabilize them and they start sticking to everything in sight. XP

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5