The Culinary School of Equestria 25 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

This is my fudge recipe. (sorry no pictures)

You will need:
2 Cups of sugar
3/4 Cup of milk
2 !-ounce squares unsweetened chocolate
A dash of salt
1 Teaspoon of corn syrup
2 Tablespoons of butter or margarine
1 Teaspoon of vanilla

First you need to butter the sides of a heavy 2-quart saucepan, then Combine in it the sugar, milk, chocolate, salt, and corn syrup. Heat and stir over a medium heat, until the sugar dissolves and the mixture comes to a boil. Then cook to soft-ball stage (234F), stirring only if necessary.

Immediately Remove from heat; add butter and cool to lukewarm (110F) without stirring. Add vanilla and beat vigorously until the fudge becomes very thick and starts to lose its gloss. Quickly spread in a buttered shallow pan. Score while warm, cut when firm.

Note: If you would like, quickly stir in 1/2 a cup of nuts at the end of the beating time.

Fudge Repair: To Soften: If the fudge is smooth but became stiff before you poured it out,knead it with your hands until it softens; press into buttered pan or shape into roll and slice.
To Firm Up: If the fudge doesn't set, it was poured to soon or not cooked long enough. To remedy this, add 1/4 cup of milk, stir, Recook and beat.

If I make this anytime soon I'll take some pictures and put them on here, and next time I put a recipe up should I do a layered dip or how to make chocolates filled with caramel?

Enjoy the Recipe.:pinkiehappy:

Raymanguy
Group Admin

That sounds amazing!:rainbowkiss: I'll try and make that soon. I do have a question though. Is it regular or kosher salt?

3403500 I'm not sure what kosher salt is, it's a pretty old recipe, so probably just salt.

Raymanguy
Group Admin

Alright, sweet:pinkiehappy: And kosher salt is a kind of salt you use to add to food while they are cooking or before it's done. You're supposed to use regular salt after the food has been cooked and is ready to eat:pinkiehappy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4