transformers universe 184 members · 174 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

So far IDW has done a pretty decent job with fitting together Transformers, G.I.Joe, M.A.S.K., Action Man, Rom spaceknight, and Micronauts, (also Jem and the Holograms as a background series, and maybe Clue?). It is also quite likely that more will be added to the universe relatively soon such as Inhumanoids, Visionaries, and Air Raiders.

So this is kind of making me wonder, how exactly is it all going to fit together? The reason why the events of evolution were able to tie together was because all of the parties involved were located or eventually arrived on Earth. However not all of Hasbro's franchises take place on Earth, Visionaries and Air Raiders for example both take place on different planets. This seems to open up problems for these franchises since it seems unlikely that they will end up traveling to Earth and even less likely for everyone on Earth to travel to them. So how will they be involved with big events? I posted one theory where these two franchises will team up with the Lost light crew on occasion, but even that only opens up so much. Not to mention that if this series does end the next may not have this scenario. Maybe it's much simpler than that and these two franchises will remain pretty distant from the rest of the universe but still have key roles to play.

Then of course there's the question of when will other franchises be involved such as MLP, how does that mix in with everything else. To be honest I think MLP is a little tough to fit into the universe, but I think that it can be done.

But I have one more question I want to raise. If this comic series ever has a threat on a universal scale, or decides to bring itself to an official end instead of just continuing on forever (or until they reboot it). What do you think the threat or event will be. Unicron is the obvious choice being arguably the greatest threat in the Transformers universe, however at the same time IDW hasn't been afraid to make up completely new threats, and (for better or worse) it's possible they may create something that is even more dangerous than Unicron (actually there may be according to this article http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Elder_God, although it's still a maybe, personally I disagree).
What do you guys think, will Unicron be the final threat, or will it be something else?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1