The Triptych Continuum 562 members · 37 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
emd
emd #1 · Sep 1st, 2019 · · 2 ·

During discord era, it is said that there were barricade point. i understant that those point are places where there was some form of order but why would discord allows them to exist?
how did the servant managed to load the Library of quiet before the guards arrived. And why did quiet mail them to Twilight before he was defeated.
why is the princess afraid that using the chaos stone will create hybride? aren't the hybrid created when they are mixed with the essence of the dead?
In the mark of appeal in the chapter genophobia when luna confront celestia she said that they buried star swirl and gave him company. who is that company?
When the bearer tell ratchet that she is a hybrid will they also tell her that the noble who insulted her because she was a Pegasus was part of the conspiracy?
Was the color of the earth pony form of tish the same before she had her cutie mark and how old is she?
And i have some idea of story for tish. for example the first time she has a birthday outside and in the castle with the bearer and other invited with pinkie pie preparing the party. Her welcome to ponyville party. Her having a nightmare and being conforted by luna.

My own thoughts on the matter:

During discord era, it is said that there were barricade point. i understant that those point are places where there was some form of order but why would discord allows them to exist?

Because nothing is more amusing than false hope? Also removing all of them would require Discord to stay focussed for too long.

how did the servant managed to load the Library of quiet before the guards arrived. And why did quiet mail them to Twilight before he was defeated.

It could be as simple as telling the guards that the books should be sent to Princess Twilight, and then the guards might even do the loading themselves. I'm more interested in how they managed to send the animal feeder in the same delivery.

why is the princess afraid that using the chaos stone will create hybride? aren't the hybrid created when they are mixed with the essence of the dead?

I don't think she is - in the modern day Hybrids are created each time two members of a different tribe have a foal. I think she has two other issues: She is concerned with the use of dead essences and chaos stones themselves, and this is triggering flashbacks to the Discordian era.

In the mark of appeal in the chapter genophobia when luna confront celestia she said that they buried star swirl and gave him company. who is that company?

Not literally company. I'm not sure, but she may be referring to other ponies that they have killed and buried for the same reasons as Star Swirl.

When the bearer tell ratchet that she is a hybrid will they also tell her that the noble who insulted her because she was a Pegasus was part of the conspiracy?

Why would they tell her? They would almost certianly tell her about Doctor Gentle, but the only people they need to tell about Cinarest Cimarron are the guard, and that for arresting purposes.

Beaten to it, but here are my thoughts:

From the descriptions of them, there appear to be shields (arcane or otherwise) protecting those locations. Celestia even mentions shelters in fields in Good for All Princess Labor... From the account of the breaking of Star Swirl's barricade based on what Discord said, it's likely that chaos storms, while incredibly dangerous and damaging, can be kept at bay by sufficient magic, but that Discord's attention itself (and his magic) can overwhelm even those protections. For amusement's sake, he probably considered them more like toy chests.

how did the servant managed to load the Library of quiet before the guards arrived.

Unicorns + plot, I would suspect. There was also time between the Bearers escaping Quiet's castle and their arrival in the Hall of Legends when they dispatched Palace forces, so getting things packed and whatnot would be possible. Especially if they were throwing around bits to get an early-morning pickup.

And why did quiet mail them to Twilight before he was defeated.

He liked her, even if they were on opposite sides of the battle, and she appreciated the collection. Who better to give it to since he was already abandoning his home?

Celestia's afraid, I think, that if physical form and racial magic no longer match up, then the foundations of Equestria (which requires those magics to run smoothly) will collapse. A single generation is an aberration, but if it's passed on in the blood (like the whole "any two races, even once, and you'll see it again" thing), then there's potentially no saving the future. (I would also suspect that Gentle Arrival didn't try using the matching essences what with the whole "hybrid vigor" thing, so it's not really because the essences are from the dead, just that they're not matching.)

I took this metaphorically. They buried Star but then by refusing to use his shadow in themselves, they sacrificed/couldn't save others across the centuries.

Seeing as telling Snowflake is going so well, I suspect Twilight's had other things on her mind before telling Ratchette. (Though she might have an idea as to it, seeing as her blood immediately allowed a device to work for her.) As for the Duke, why bother? Twilight doesn't concern herself with her own nobility, nor does Ratchette. It'd be like saying "oh, that guy who was rude to you in your shop... yeah, well he's also a racist who was funding a conspiracy."

Was the color of the earth pony form of tish the same before she had her cutie mark and how old is she?

A year-ish older than Fluttershy, or two-ish years older than Pinkie. As for the colors, not sure.

emd
emd #4 · Sep 1st, 2019 · · 2 ·

another question : when gentle arrival kept coming back to the basement to distract her daughter who pas painting it was because he knew that the magic was advancing. What did he think was happening to make the magic advance.

He was blind to anything besides what he wanted to see and likely didn't even think about that, just that her manifest was coming.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5