Stallionverse 236 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
Jetto
Group Admin

As I promised, the spin-off story about Three Maresketeers is on it's way. I'll publish it once I get a few more chapters ready, though I won't be releasing them immediately, but in a few days pauses, just to keep the interest going up.

That said, two chapters are pretty much ready and third one will be coming on shortly. We'll be using this thread for brainstorming, pre and proof reading each other's ideas and so on. Those interested in getting in earlier and writing something will get an access to the story itself, so you could get a better feeling of the characters and overall tone of the series.

And while all my stuff is a comedy first and foremost, this one will be the slapstickiest, no holds barren one up to date. I'll probably also add "Sex" tag onto it because Moondancer... just Moondancer. I can't not put a bunch of perverted jokes and innuendos whenever she's around (let me put it this way- Soarin is the tame one).

Thoughts? Ideas? Complains? Come and talk about it here.

Idea missiles, FIRE! (possible spoilers for stuff not yet written, I guess?)

Starting with one of your own, the trio meeting Luna in disguise, whom may still be too ashamed to go out in public, let alone meet her sisters' favorites without something to hide her real face. This allows for demonstration of trust or something like that when they learn the truth, not telling anyone as long as she isn't comfortable coming out yet, +Moondancer's 'besties with a princess' dance?

Sunset being embarrassed about how she might have gotten into CSFGU, as a filly visiting Canterlot with her family, she attended the Summer Sun Celebration like Twilight, only she thought "I wanna help lower the sun!" and cast with all her might. Celestia could have sworn it was just a hair easier that day, and took notice. Moondancer might coo at how adorable it sounds, Sunset going red in the face and demanding she not tell anyone, especially Twilight?

Fancy Pants taking an interest in the trio like he did Rarity, hearing all three of of them express interesting and intelligent viewpoints more acutely than most of the high-society intellectuals?

If the Stallion Six (or at least Shining Armor) ever have an adventure within walking distance of Canterlot, Twilight hears about the danger and rushes off to save her older, more combat-experienced brother, logic be damned? (Cue Sunset snarking, but going along with it anyway) This might lead to Moondancer getting some time to interact with Shiny a bit, and all that that entails?

Fancy Pants and Luna possibly being recurring characters, they eventually meet, him disarming the notion that she's a monster? If only in Canterlot? Might go something like this.

---
He chuckled. "I know you wouldn't dream of hurting anypony."

She smiled a little, but it was quickly replaced with a cautious stare. "H-how do you know? I am the former evil that plunged the world into darkness, the Mare in the Moon. How do you know I wouldn't do these things again?"

The amicable smile didn't fade in the slighest. "To put it bluntly, madame? You don't have the guts."

The entire crowd gasped, Luna's jaw dropping as she sputtered a response. "W-wha-what, I, how dare-?!"

There was the tiniest shrug. "Would you, given reason, flay us all to death with tendrils of dark magic, twist our mortal minds to your whims, or corrupt and break our very spirits, do you think?"

The glimmers of light in her mane momentarily became shooting stars as she rapidly shook her head. "No, no of course not, I-"

Fancy Pants smiled a little wider. "Then, it stands to reason, that you would not do those things for no reason, does it not?"

"I... No, no I wouldn't."

He nodded once, calmly turning to the crowd. "There you have it, fillies and gentlecolts, Nightmare Moon is no more! So please, treat Princess Luna here with the same respect as you would offer her sister, for she is no more a monster than any of us."

Luna couldn't be sure which, his little speech or the crowd visibly looking at her with different eyes, caused the swelling of warmth in her chest or the slow-spreading smile across her face, but she was grateful for both.
---

Slapsticky, eh? Hmm... Maybe a potted plant would fall on her head or something right after that, causing her to swear, the crowd to scatter, Fancy to facehoof, and mutter that they've at least made progress?

Jetto
Group Admin

4085438 I think I told you about the "besties with Luna" thing earlier and yes, I want that to happen so badly.

Sunset's origin needs more fleshing out as well. It would make for a cute story and a secret between her and Moondancer (and Celestia, I guess).

Fancy Pants all the way, just saying.

The "Saving Private Shiny" (I apologize) could work as a backdrop for another story that would happen to Stallion Six in the main story, with a weird plothole that wasn't really explained (like "Wait, who took out the third henchman?") that turned out to be girls doing it in secret, but letting Shiny's group take all the glory instead.
Also, Moondancer having the goofiest, most adorable crush on Shiny, in contrast to how she usually treats other stallions.

There's one problem about the last scenario- nobody knows Luna was Nightmare Moon. The official version is that she was imprisoned for 1000 years and was free once again, while Nightmare Moon was a completely different being.
Still, I like the way you portrayed Fancy Pants in that part. Reminds me a lot of Blueblood when he talked with Luna back at the hospital. A nice parallel of who Blue might turn into later in his life.

Ahh, shoot. That does indeed sink a chance for Fancy at his fanciest, but there'll be others!

I figure the Guilty Luna thing can still have a place, even if nopony understands why the royal sister they've never heard of is acting so reserved. Princess-y decorum, perhaps? Some may take a liking to her weirdly vulnerable vibe, if she doesn't come off as she did in the show, which is low-hanging fruit for any corrupt sorts she may happen across, but that seems like a different story. :twilightsheepish:

Jetto
Group Admin

4085592 Rehabilitation of Luna is a thing that could be brought up here and there. I wouldn't mind anyone writing a story of her coming to terms with her return.

Jetto
Group Admin

Just in case people are wondering, here are sneak peaks of first four chapters of SMT:

(look at your own risk)
1. Introduction of Spike, or "Friend, Foe and Fan - I'd rather not have one of them."
2. Moondancer vs Twilight and Sunset, or "This room is too small for all of us".
3. Three Maresketeers vs Philomena, or "OP Princess Celestia gives no shits"
4. Moondancer becomes friends with somepony important, or "Catching up"

I've made a little bit of progress with the introduction of Fancy Pants as well. How long are these chapters generally due to be? Are they meant to be bite-sized, would it matter if a few went to like 5k-10k words? (not that I have nearly that much yet)

Comment posted by Jetto deleted Feb 17th, 2015
Jetto
Group Admin

I try to keep them as short as possible. The ones I have already are 1,5k to 2,5k, so I'd say aim at something like that. And if you have to make it longer, feel free to separate them into multi-chapters.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9