The Idea Exchange 266 members · 37 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Hello, everyone. I've been looking all over for this forum so that I could post my G1 inspired story idea. Here it is...
It's set between The Ending of the End and The Last Problem. Princess Twilight is visited by a tiny lava lizard named Sludge, who claims to be from a faraway land called Dream Valley. Sludge begs Twilight and her friends to bring friendship to Dream Valley and save it from war. The Mane 6, accompanied by Spike and Sludge, travel to Dream Valley and stop the various races (ponies, lava lizards, ice toads, etc..) from fighting. On the way, they meet a mysterious cloaked figure called Moochick and his bushwoolies. He tells them the story of Prince Lavan, who tried to stop a war between the lava lizards and ice toads, but was accidentally blasted away by a lava lizard cannon. The girls also take notice of a volcano that has been slowly growing and becoming more active since their arrival. Eventually, the girls fall into despair that they still could not convince the other races to stop their fighting. Sludge, also disheartened, transforms and reveals himself to be Lavan. He had hoped the Mane 6 would help, but had a backup plan in case they couldn't. The girls follow him into the volcano, which he reveals to be his own creation, Mt. Power. He then epxlains that he visited many different lands to learn about friendship in the hopes of saving Dream Valley before eventually landing in Equestria. There, he learned about the Elements of Harmony, the Tree, the Pillars, and crystal seeds. Mt. Power is actually the result of a crystal seed infused with his essence. When Twilight points out that it took the Tree eons to grow, Lavan explains that the Pillars only infused the seed once before they vanished and left the Tree to grow under its own power, while he has been constantly powering and nurturing Mt. Power. Now, after a mere ten years, Mt. Power offers him his own Element of Power, which he will use to force peace upon everyone in Dream Land. The girls try to fight him off, but he proves to be as skilled as even Twilight in magical power. Once he dons the element crown ad transforms into his crystal state, he is now the most magically powerful being in all of the world. Celestia, Luna, and several others from Equestria sense the disturbance and arrive to help the Mane 6. Discord tries to use chaos magic on Lavan, but it fizzles out in lava lizard's aura. The showdown between the Mane 6 and Lavan commences.
That's as far as I got. Not sure what lesson or realization I can present the Mane 6 and/or Lavan and the others of Dream Valley. Please give me your ideas and thank you.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1