The Idea Exchange 266 members · 37 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

I request a fic that spins off of 'School Raze'. Cozy Glow succeeds in sending all the magic in Equestria and Starlight Glimmer throu the portal and into another realm.
A world of dungeon cores and the 'Hero' that destroy them. the Equestrian magic crystalizes into a massive new dungeon core, trapping Starlight's body inside but making her mind the guiding intelligence of the new Pony-themed dungeon.

Starlight will have to learn her new DM powers quick before any of the angry Humans who want to destroy or exploit her show up.

A.N. I cant wright a coherent story myself, but I will help brain storm.
EXP. Starlight's starting mob are
Small Earth Pony-fey 30 DP
Small Pegasus Pony-fey 30 DP
Small Unicorn Pony-fey 30 DP
This will conjure a blank flank filly or colt shaped mob, that can 'level up' into full grown ponies, dropping the small from there name. the 'Pony-fey' clarifier is added do to the universe Starlight finds herself already 'Monsters' known as Unicorns and Pegasus.

Starlight's mob's are also usually 'Echo's' of ponies from Equstria, due to the magic making up her core retaining imprints of the ponies they came from. the first Unicorn filly mob she summons is a Echo of Twilight, the rest of the main six soon fallow.
Despite being 'Echo's' and there for having the same personalities and sharing some vague memories of the pony there based off of, they are still Mob's, they don't consider themselves having names intel there Dungeon Master (Starlight) use's her magic to 'Name' them, a bonus result of naming a 'Pony-fay' is they gain there Cutie Mark (might not be the same Mark as the original's). The Name-ing magic takes a lot out of Starlight so she can't do it very often, also when she starts summoning Echo's of ponies that she recognizes from around town but doesn't remember the name of, she starts getting creative. (Alternate option, because she knows her Mobs are not the originals, she decides to re-name everypony when she gets around to it)

Mob's are tied to magic gem's, somewhere in there bodies (in the horn for unicorns, between the wings for pegasi, and lets say, somewhere in the digestion track for earth ponies) these gem's, and other 'Rare Drops' are hunted after by the Humans. Wild mosters or mosters from a raiding party form another dungeon may also be interested in these gems.

Anyone out there with any more idea's on this, or a desire to wright something like this?

A world of dungeon cores and the 'Hero' that destroy them.

Okay, I suspect this is only losely based on a more general videogame trope? So, I'm guessing, random humans going into dungeons for the purpose of leveling up and raiding it of gold treasure and such. Or, do these dungeons usually pose some other sort of threat to the outside world? Do mobs tend to attack travelers and villages outside the dungeon or something, making it a "civic duty" to destroy all dungeon cores? Or is it "just" for loot and glory?

Because that means a different motivation for the human "hero", who Starlight may or may not be able to reason with. Or, would there be more than one human adventurer storming "her walls" she'd interact with? If so, does she manage to chase them off (possibly with scare tactics, or... I dunno, just walling off important entrances with illusions or something), or is she actually forced to grievously wound them? :applejackconfused:

I take it Starlight's ultimate goal is to return herself and the stolen magic back to Equestria?

Starlight's mob's are also usually 'Echo's' of ponies from Equstria, due to the magic making up her core retaining imprints of the ponies they came from. the first Unicorn filly mob she summons is a Echo of Twilight, the rest of the main six soon fallow.

So... what happens, if one of the Echo-ponies gets killed? Does that mean that pony's magic is gone, and she won't be able to return it to its original wielder? Would be pretty bad if that happened with one of the Mane 6's echos... or the princesses'... :twilightoops:

Probably also wouldn't be good for Starlight's psyche; and as how much of a "person" do these mobs count as? Would one of the mobs protect a more vulnerable mob from getting attacked? What impression would that make on the human attacking them, is that behavior usually observed in mobs? :rainbowhuh:

Mob's are tied to magic gem's, somewhere in there bodies (in the horn for unicorns, between the wings for pegasi, and lets say, somewhere in the digestion track for earth ponies)

How about earth ponies have their gems on their chest, near their hearts? it would sort of mirror the placement for pegasi.

otherwise looks interesting

For question one the answer is: a little of column A, and a little B. It really depends on the individual 'core' and 'hero'. Dungeon core's are intelligent magical lifeforms, but they are solitary and do gain benefits from "eating" adventurers who enter there domain, they don't socialize well and there is only a small present of Cores that even understand the concept of communicating, those few that have learned to talk to the human haven't set best example. Some cores are active threats, most wont bother if they are left alone, but all in all the problem is that they are predators that don't fear humans, like polar bears.

Hero's come in both the Duty, and Loot&Glory variety. Some suffered under a bad dungeon and are out to stop 'evil', some just know they can sell the shattered remains of a core for a small fortune.

As for Starlight, while there is a benefit to "eating", do to her origin, she has "eaten" all the magic in Eqestria, so she'll start with an almost inexhaustible supply of magic and her biggest limiter will be her lack of experience with Dungeon Master magic she now has instead of her regular unicorn magic. Walling off important entrances with illusion is a good idea, but it might take her a while to unlock that option with her dungeon master powers.

And question two. The echo's are just imprints and are not tied with the original magic, just ambient magic stamped into shape by the original, they work a lot like the mirror pool clones. Starlight could field nothing but Twilight echo's if she so wanted too. Not that Starlight can't get attached.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5