The Mailbox: Reloaded 86 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
bats
Group Admin

May 20th

From Twilight Sparkle

Dear Applejack,

I just got into Cloudsdale. It’s sort of funny; I remember flying here with everypony in my balloon and the whole trip going by so fast I didn’t even notice. This time around I was flown here in a royal chariot with attending guards. I’m positive the whole time traveling took half the time, but it was so monotonous in comparison to the balloon I was ready to grind my teeth. It was probably because I had to sit through a mane stylist getting me ready, only to fly (in an open air chariot) and have to sit through the whole thing over again before dinner. I get the second time around, I really do. These talks between the griffons and pegasi have been going on for years and they were conducted by Princess Celestia, so I understand the whole ‘keeping up appearances’ idea, I just don’t understand who was getting anything out of my mane on a chariot flight.

I’m here now, though, and I’m…I’m nervous, AJ. Really nervous. Princess Celestia says I’m the best pony for the job, and if somepony can find a way to bridge the rift between the griffons and pegasi it’d be me, but I’ve never really done anything like this before. I love helping ponies, but from everything I’ve heard and what I saw at dinner, I’m not sure anypony wants to be helped. I mean…it goes as deep as that sentence I just wrote. Helping ponies. Anypony wants to be helped. It’s ingrained as far down as how we speak; no wonder the Griffon Kingdom says we’re arrogant. And I know I’ve faced down others that didn’t want to be friends, but those situations weren’t really like this. It’s so…quiet compared to Tirek or Discord (especially Discord). Everypony’s polite and says they want to form an alliance, but it all feels like lip-service. I think they want to look like they want to form an alliance much more than actually wanting it.

And besides, when I went up against things like that, I always had you and the others right there with me. Even when I thought or was told it needed to just be me, you were always there. I’m not sure if it’s the situation that’s actually intimidating, or if it’s the fact that I really am on my own this time.

Ugh, I’m complaining and I haven’t even started doing anything yet. I’m sorry, AJ, when I was thinking about writing to you on the chariot I was imagining this letter being a lot more sentimental. I know it hasn’t been that long since we said goodbye, but I miss you already. Even with all the craziness these last few months, we had a lot of time for just the two of us and I guess I sort of thought the summer would be more of that. Maybe hoped is the better word. I hoped I’d get a quiet summer I could spend with you.

Anyway, enough of that. Cloudsdale is as beautiful as I remember and I hope I have a chance to really get out and about a few days. There are a lot of things that are unique to Cloudsdale compared to any other city in Equestria, and after the Best Young Flyer competition I was kicking myself for weeks that I didn’t get out to see the hanging garden or any of the museums. I hear there’s an old temple to a cloud spirit that’s been maintained for two thousand years! I’m getting excited just thinking about it. Rainbow gave me a couple of places to go to see, too. Well, she mostly told me to not eat fried pickles at a specific restaurant if I treasure my gastrointestinal tract, and warned me to avoid a street at night if I don’t want to be involved in…flashdances, I guess? At least she means well. She did recommend a gym, a dance club, and a deli she wants to take me to, and I’m worried I’ll have to go to the first two before she takes me to the third, just in case she asks.

So that’s what’s going on with me, I guess. How are you doing? Have you settled in in Canterlot? How’s your back been feeling? Okay, okay, I remember I promised to not pester you about how it’s feeling; you don’t even have to be here for me to picture your expression. I can’t help worrying about it, even if I know you’ll be fine if you let it heal and that you’re in good hooves. I remember the special treatment from when I had my tonsils removed as a filly. It’s a little hazy from the medicine I was on and the gallon of ice cream I ate, but everypony was really nice and I barely lifted a hoof the whole time.

I hope you’re feeling better soon. Maybe one of these weekends I’ll have enough time to come see you for a while. I’d like that.

With love,

Twilight

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2