Faustian Orthodoxy 77 members · 6 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

I found myself listening to a My Little Pony Pandora station a few weeks ago which was really a collection of children’s music from popular franchises, but I quickly realized that the music on the station followed the same themes of encouragement, reassurance, and joy that religious music does. While riding in someone else's car I heard one such religious music station challenge its listeners to listen only to religious music for a week to see how it improved their moods.

I’ve never been fond of religious people claiming that only their thing can make people happy, but an idea and question occurred to me. We know that constantly listening to one type or genre of music has a high likelihood of effecting a person’s daily mood, but what does a person’s daily mood become if the music being enjoyed is all pony?

So my challenge to you is to do what I am doing and put together a playlist of pony music, official and fan made, and whenever you have a choice to listen to music, only listen to Pony Music for the last whole week of July (21-28), then share the story of how it effected you.

I can tell you a few things up front: my collection of pony music doesn’t include dance remixes as that style of music sets me on edge, but if that is your thing, I’d like to read how it effects you. Also there are a billion and two sad songs centered around Luna/Nightmare Moon. My playlist will be geared toward an uplifting theme so I'm probably going to exclude quite a bit from my list, but if someone wants to listen to only sad pony music or even playlists that have no unifying theme beyond the fact that they are pony, I would love to read about whatever theme you choose and how it effects you.

If you feel so inclined, please post your pony music playlist as a reply as it will help me to expand upon the set that I’ll be using. Also, if you share this challenge/experiment with other groups, and I hope you do, please link to them so that I may read their experiences as well.

Cross-posted in:
The Optimalverse
The Conversion Bureau

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1