Faustian Orthodoxy 77 members · 6 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

One more piece of Glimmer-related hypocrisy, Starlight Glimmer's life was saved when a young foal discovered his talent. He then moved on with his life, while she didn't. She blamed cutie marks for everything, and chose to dedicate her life to repressing individuality and cutie marks with her cult town, so no foal could ever save a friend's life and develop a cutie mark again.

The way I see it, failing to see hypocrisy or that a single event that a pony despises completely to the point of becoming harmful toward others is the same event that is responsible for his or her net-positive stat., is very much in line with the potential for a lesson to be learned to cultivate harmony.

What bothers me about Starlight Glimmer and that matter is that when it was resolved, Starlight only acknowledged that it was foolish to blame cutiemarks for the loss of her friend but did not take into account that if Sunburst had not been as magically powerful as he was, she might be dead. Now, this is incredibly important for self-reflection, because it shows that certain things were completely outside of her control, and were always going to be outside of her control.

If this character were in line with Faust's vision, I firstly believe that she would not be as powerful as she was as it simply doesn't make sense that there is a unicorn who was not taught by Celestia but who essentially surpasses Twilight's power, but if she did find a way to jump back into the past to attempt to change things, it would be more in line with pony behavior for her to attempt to stop Sunburst from leaving her and discovering for herself that all other outcomes would be, at best, a trade off of one disappointment for another where she ultimately cannot erase the memory of the past that she lived even if no pony else knows about it.

If the above was shown as an episode, then the audience through Starlight would have learned to better judge the consequences of their actions in the present and find an inner peace for the blame, both internal and external, for their previous harmful actions.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2