FanFictionsAnonymous 17 members · 201 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
FanFicsAnonymous
Group Admin

So I've been meaning to do a update video for weeks now to discuss the past, the present, and the future of FFA. Unfortunatly as I will explain, things are busy. I want to still do the update video. Nothing overly fancy, just go over the topics below mainly for the youtubers as well as some other things. So without further adieu here's some Q&A:

Where the heck have we been? Short answer, things got hectic, life happens, and we're busy.

With it being the end of the school year it is exam season. Most of the cast is in school so everyone has been doing exams. Those who are not have been busy as well. During the last episode I did say things were cooling down. That was the one week I had before exams, and I was hoping to edit several episodes and just post them while I take exams. However it was not meant to be. I was contacted that week by a DM asking me and several members of the group to play dungeons and dragons (something I've been trying to get the group to do for a while). It doesn't help that I was getting into speed running again (currently put off for exams, and will actually bring this up later in the update video). In short, life happend. I am not willing to sacrifice my studies for some goofy youtube show that isn't going to go anywhere.

That being said, is FFA dead? Short answer, no.

FFA is something I came up with several years ago. I've always wanted to do youtube videos, mostly let's plays (something yet again to discuss in update video [p.s. Don't worry I'm not changing the channel to another bloody let's play channel. The main focus is always fanfics]). I've always wanted these videos to incorperate my friends as I've always enjoyed what I call couch humour to be some of the best content (I'm refering to just some friends sitting down and having a good time, and letting the audience be a part of it). This show is a great way to do that kind of production. This whole project is a hobby to me. There is actually no way I can earn money off this as of right now because of immature humour and youtube not liking that. I also was never and am still not planning to earn money off of this project. This is mearly a fun side project that our group enjoys to do. If we can make others laugh and have a good time while we do it, that's reward enough for me.

We are planning to come back full force after exams are done. I'd actually like to start updating a bit more frequently during the summer. I'm taking the summer off to do some side projects in my field. I'll also be focusing a bit more on this project (and maybe actually get that world record time on my run). I'm not going to go any further in what we have planned for the project in the future here as I will put it into the update video so the youtubers can have a say as well.

To conclude: No we are not dead, we will be coming back full force next month. We have all just been too busy this month due to life.

Thank you for putting up with my rambling here, and for being patient with us and our sudden hiatus. I am still on here regularly so if you have any questions or feedback with how we can improve feel free to leave a comment here or in our discussion thread here.

This is Fanfics Anonymous signing out.

FanFicsAnonymous
Group Admin

Exams have been done for a couple of weeks now and the great news is everyone came out mostly unscathed. Right now what is holding up an update is the editing. We got together this past weekend and finally started recording again so we are back in production. However I am the only one that does the editing so I'm the main choke point, and unfortunatly after the recording I have gotten sick. Today is the first day I've actually been able to sleep longer than two hours so things are looking up. The new episode will be up in the coming week and I am hoping to be able to get back to weekly updates. They will still be showing up on unset days as the last few weeks of this month I am going to be very busy, but they should still be coming in once a week.

One of the things that will be occupying my time at the end of the month is a wonderful convention known as Everfree Northwest. I have been able to make it every year since it started in 2012 and I have loved every year. It was the first convention I have ever gone to and I hope that I can continue to keep going for many years to come. Last year at Everfree we actually tried to perform the first episode of FFA. However we all kind of ditched the idea when we had too much fun just having a pizza party so the first episode was delayed a few weeks. This year we are going to try to record an epiosde again while we are there although it may just end up being a party again. Also many of the recurring cast members are unable to come so we will see how it goes. So if you're in the area I'd highly recomend coming and having a blast at such a wonderful convention, and if you are already going, maybe we will see you there.

Thanks for listening,
This is FFA signing out.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2