A New World, a New Way fan group 789 members · 88 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Long time no see! I stopped going on Fimfiction over a year ago due to loss of interest, but now I'm back because I got an idea for a Newverse/Wayverse/whatever-you-want-to-call-it side-story.

• This story is set in Marelantis. (Are any other stories set here? What do we know about it in the Newverse? All I can remember about Marelantis is someone mentioning that ponies lived on the islands.)
  • This story has three protagonists: a human-turned-Buizel, a natural-born Mantyke, and a seapony.
  • The human-turned-Buizel is a child from Sinnoh. He doesn't have any Pokémon of his own, but he loves to learn about Pokémon ecology. During the story, he meets a group of natural-born Buizel. He may or may not end up joining them.
  • The Mantyke lived in Route 223, not that she'd know what humans call it. When she awakes on Equus, she finds the waters too hot for her, but that becomes the least of her worries when she realises that she was separated from her parents.
  • The Buizel and Mantyke meet and agree to look for their parents together. The Buizel teaches the Mantyke about how humans co-exist(ed) with Pokémon, while the Mantyke teaches the Buizel about the ways of the sea.
  • Along the way, they save a seapony from a Sharpedo... although a Starmie did most of the work, then the fight stops when a Wailord shows up, because all Pokémon of the sea respect Wailord. The seapony decides to join the group, for reasons I haven't thought of yet.
  • Was Arceus' announcement on the second or third day?
  • Also, remember at the summit in the main story, when the deer empress (forgot her name) says that Chansey/Blissey's eggs helped many fauns? Because I was thinking that Milotic and Alomomola could be underwater Chanseys.

...If that sounds like my old story Growing Up in a New World underwater... yeah, I'm guilty as charged of recycling ideas. My writing has improved a LOT since then, though, and I hope that having less characters to follow will make this more coherent.

Also, a problem with a lot of Newverse stories is that they lack a clear endgame goal; they're usually just the characters waking up in Equus and being confused for a bit. I'm trying to avoid that with this story.

By the way, what should this story be called, and what should the characters be called? For the former, I was thinking of something like Oceans of the New World, or something. I don't want to use the "A New World, A New X" format, but I'd still like to evoke it.

Also... I still have no idea what the situation with Gen 7 Pokémon is, which is good news for the Corsolas.

That's a great idea!

6447932 Thanks! But do you have anything to add?

(By the way, please could you >> me so this shows up in my notifications?)

Pretty sure Arceus announcement is on Day three. At least according to this.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5