Suicide prevention group 94 members · 24 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
Midnight Moon
Group Admin

MLP:FIM can be many things to many people. It can be just a show, it can be a source of inspiration, it can be the tie that binds people together, even if they might have nothing else in common.

It can be a light, a blessing, and a curse at the same time. A reminder of times gone by, and a source of sorrow in spite of its own nature. For one who had friends, and lost them. For one who loved his sister, but in a moment of anger, drove a wedge between them, so that even in his dreams, she can only ever hate him. In the aftermath of that day, he isolated himself, shut down his emotions, convinced himself that he was happiest when he was alone.

Then we watched the show. And he remembered.

In the following years, he manages to keep himself happy, simply enjoying the show, and the works of those who enjoyed it also. He finds himself putting his love for reading and writing into written words, even if he rarely, if ever, shares them. He finds a place where he can just talk with others, and have a sense of belonging.

But he gravitates away. He knows his wounds won't heal that way. He wonderes if his wounds can ever be healed. He pours himself into his writings, trying to forget his sorrow, but it is reflected in every word he writes. He wants to belong, but he is scared. Scared of what he knows, scared of what he finds interesting, scared of himself, and scared of what he might do to others. He doesn't allow himself to grow close to anyone, for fear of losing them.

After many long years, the mask he made for himself begins to crack. Sorrow begins to pour through, and he is too tired to fight back. But he forces himself onwards, his only joy coming from the show, and his family. He knows he cannot last on his own, but he cannot share his grief with his family, for it would only bring sadness to them, which would further increase his grief.

He knows of the community he wishes he could be a bigger part of. He knows of the support they could provide, but words on a computer screen or voices over a phone will not be enough for him. He needs real friends, friends that can right there with him, in the flesh. He has no way of reaching out for them, however. He can only write down these words in hope that someone might be nearby, someone that can help him, save him from himself.

Help. I've lived nearly ten years without allowing myself to have a friend. I can't keep denying how I feel inside. I can't fight the darkness inside me forever.

Help.

pvtread
Group Admin

Well, allow me to be your friend then. Even if it is only here, I`m sure the rest of the group will become your friends as well if you talk to them.:pinkiehappy:

sweetPixiesmile
Group Admin

I'm glad that you reached out. May I also be your friend then?

Comment posted by Midnight Rider deleted Aug 6th, 2014
Midnight Rider
Group Admin

Hey man were all here for you. I know this is gonna sound weird but I can be your friend to. Also if ever you need anything just throw me a PM or comment on my page man. I'm always open.

Hey. Didnt you write that massive meta-fic on the smillinary page?

sweetPixiesmile
Group Admin

Haha! Yes, that's me. It's on hiatus as I've been kidnapped by maniacal plot bunnies of mass distraction.

Midnight Rider
Group Admin

...Procrastination?

pokefreak13
Group Admin

You still need to talk to your parents about this. Through thick or thin family will always stick together. :pinkiesad2:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7