The Mirrorverse 233 members · 27 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
Alphamon_Ouryuken
Group Admin

So in the last issue we got a glimpse of the other inhabitants of the Mirrorverse:

...so, anyone wanna throw around some theory's about the mirror characters back story's and/or personality's?

3404567 Why wasn't the good Chryis there?
one thing I'm wondering is if Discord our Equestria was becoming good why didn't the Discord of that world become evil?

3404567 Because the Mirrorverse isn't an exact negative image of Equestria Prime, that's why. And Sombra merely drained off the dark magic from Evil Celestia and Evil Luna. He didn't flip a giant switch that reversed the polarities.

If it's ok, I'm going to start up a more general thread to talk about MIrrorverse headcanons. This gets into that territory, but it's limiting,and I think some other people might like to participate.

3404567 When I saw Vinyl and Octavia in the picture I immediately made up this quick headcanon:
Vinyl and Octavia's personalities were switched in the Mirrorverse. Vinyl plays the cello and Octavia is the DJ. Also, their hairstyles and cutie marks were switched.

In Switched I developed two ideas.
Number one: The Apples are a rich family and own a apple factory, with which they make expensive, super sweet jam.
Number two: Starlight Glimmer is Ponyville's liberian and a nice and kind soul. She uses her staff to sort the books into the shelves.

4755277 In my story "Return to the Mirror Universe" I tackle the origins and life of the mirrors of the mane 6 and the supporting cast. Mirror Starlight Glimmer is a proponent of the "inequality movement" a movement that says "friendship is an unequal relationship". The dogma is hinted at, as Starlight talks about "dominant and submissive friends" and she tends to see herself as a "dominant friend" (due to her ego). Furthermore she states that she believes friendship works better when "one pony calls the shots", rather than compromising.

When Mirror Twilight steals the elements of Disharmony and takes over Equestria, declaring herself "the Princess of Disharmony", she takes Starlight on as her student to study dark magic. During her adventure, regular Twilight encounters Mirror Starlight, and is able to trick her into thinking that she is Mirror Twilight. Twilight gives her an "assignment" to experiment with making friends the normal way (i.e. connecting on a personal level etc.) and to avoid dark magic. Despite her own belief in friendship having been shaken, Twilight sets Mirror Starlight on the path to redemption. When cheering Twilight up later, Rarity points this out to Twilight as an example of her generosity (though it could also be kindness).

Check out my story, there are some darker parts but I tried to keep it on the level of the show mostly. :)

Wow. That are really cool ideas. I maybe look at this someday.

I expound on most of the mirror character's origins in the bonus chapters of my story, "Return to the Mirror Universe". They're at the end and called, "Origins" and "Origins part 2". I also talk about the opposite human world.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8