Gamers Discussion Room 19 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

After thinking about it long and hard... Yeah. This is my IDEAL version of how the Devil May Cry reboot should have gone

The first thing I would do is make reference in design choices and names to the original... Yet still try and make the game as MUCH as an alternate universe story as I could without being a complete and uninteresting waste of time of a rehash of Devil Macy Cry 3 like the actual reboot was. That being said, let's begin.

My Dante would be like John Constatine crossed with Classic Dante, just picture that. A kind of a mysterious know-it-all about demons and magic, but still a cool guy. Also he would not 100% invulnerable like he usually is. He can heal fast, but not THAT fast, so lesser enemies don't pose any real danger and are just time eaters... Until the tougher ones come. THOSE pose real danger as they can actually KILL you and guess what? They could kill Dante too and I don't even mean BOSS levels. I mean in the context of the game they CAN kill Dante

I would go for FAR more of a survival horror aspect to it as you descend deeper into Limbo City.... Which has been overrun by demons. Some good, most bad, and the city has become a virtual hell on earth. Working your way through the districts of the city which mirror the 9 circles of hell all to make it to the big man.....Mundus. Along the way you meet Dante's brother Vergil, who sold out the town in exchange for power. He cares little for the effects and is greatly enigmatic but you can still see that despite his inhumanity and loathing of his human side... He does care about his brother and when push comes to shove won't let anyone kill him. Dante Rebellion is still a broad sword that... is disguised as a guitar, electric to be precise. He can shift it between the guitar and sword form and in guitar form it can shoot electrical blasts by strumming it. This is more or less a reference to Nevan which was one of my favorite DMC3 weapons and to the DMC anime where Dante carried Rebellion in a guitar case.

Trish is a demoness and Mary(Lady) is the daughter of a nun who was raped by a man known as Arkham who played a key role in giving the town into Mundus' hands. He ended up killing Mary's mother, Sister Kalina Ann, who Mary names a bazooka she owns after. Together they work to help the humans and good demons who call Limbo City home as a pair of vigilantes/private investigators. It all ends with Mundus being forced back into Hell.... But the town still being under his influence.... So Dante ends up staying opening a private eye shop he names.... Devil May Cry.

Now the key difference with Dante is Design wise he's a fusion of Constantine's and Classic Dante. The face, hair, and coat of Dante, and the shirt, tie, and pants of Constantine. He also smokes like Constantine, and while he DOES know a lot of magic, doesn't exactly use it much for combat as he prefers his weapons and skills. He also keeps Rebellion in guitar form out most of the time strapped to his back and is FAR more of a gunslinger
in this. Ebony and Ivory also don't fire bullets but demonic energy from Dante's own body so a human can't really use them. And while Dante LOOKS about in his late 20's he's actually 500 years old and so is Vergil

So with that I leave you with this

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1