The Twidash Army 569 members · 532 stories
Comments ( 27 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 27

Canon TwiDash: Season 6

Welcome, everypony, to the newest phase in the Canon TwiDash archiving efforts! My hope is this thread will carry on the legacy created by the tireless shippers who came before me (like Twidashforever and DawnofDay) and who put so much effort into capturing all those little moments of beauty, laughter, and fun involving MLP's cutest power couple.

What is Canon TwiDash?

If you're wondering what this is all about, here's the description from the original project:

The purpose of this thread is to list off every moment in MLP that supports our loveable duo being together. These are the moments that build the foundation of their relationship, the little hints and tidbits that lead us to think they are perfect together and MLP just needs to make it official!

I'll be going through each episode one at a time to include any moment I think deserves recognition as a TwiDash moment. If you see any I miss, reply to this thread with the episode title, and what moment deserves to be added. (I don't pretend to be infallible lol)

I highly recommend you check out Canon TwiDash seasons 1-5, Twidashforever's original index megathread, which is here.

And DawnofDay's incomplete season 6 index can be found here.

Backstory

I came to FimFiction late in the fandom, well after the original TwiDash projects had gone on hiatus. Reading through those threads is what turned me into the TwiDash shipper I am now. After some consideration, I realized I couldn't leave their work unfinished. My hope is that future ponies stumbling upon this archive might be similarly inspired, as I was.

My intent is to keep archiving TwiDash for as many seasons of MLP as there are to come. I hope to also cover the comics and any upcoming movies, as well, though those will be featured in different threads. Right now, I want to get S6 finished before S7 airs, so expect regular updates until it is completed.

This project is for fun, and as such shouldn't be taken too, too seriously. Instead, please enjoy it in the spirit of playfulness in which it was created.

Shall we begin?

Season 6
The Crystalling (Part 1)
The Crystalling (Part 2)
The Gift of the Maud Pie
On Your Marks
Gauntlet of Fire
No Second Prances
Newbie Dash (w/ Scootadopt)
A Hearth's Warming Tail
The Saddle Row Review
Applejack's "Day" Off
Flutter Brutter
Spice Up Your Life
Stranger Than Fan Fiction
The Cart Before the Ponies (RD-only Scootadopt)
28 Pranks Later
The Times They Are a Changeling
Dungeons & Discords
Buckball Season
The Fault in Our Cutie Marks (Twi-only Scootadopt)
Viva Las Pegasus
Every Little Thing She Does
P.P.O.V. (Pony Point of View)
Where the Apple Lies
Top Bolt
To Where and Back Again (Part 1)
To Where and Back Again (Part 2)

If there is a link, the episode has been covered. Feel free to check it over and make sure we did not miss anything!
If it's in red, episode was reviewed and nothing was found.
if it's in orange, I absolutely refuse to watch the episode again. The first time watching it was horrid and I refuse to go through that a second time (Even for this).

Comment posted by Mintiest deleted Mar 5th, 2017

The Crystalling (Part 1)

After some misadventures in post formatting, I'm ready to strap on my shipping goggles and dive into S6 with the first half of the season premiere!

Subtle. We're all familiar with the throne room by now, but I'll never get tired of RD being seated by Twi. The Princess' right-hoof mare, visually.

All this talk of presents and gifts has Twi laser-focused on her personal favorite present: Dash's plot.

"Your move, Applejack."
Also I really hope Twilight notices that I know stuff about kids and would totally make an awesome mother myself.

Honorable mention. RD has seen enough sleep-deprived Twi to know where this is going.

Dash and Pinkie vie for best view.

Honorable mention.

Sure, Dashie has been caught up in the magic of motherhood, but she's probably just as excited to get an unobstructed view of Twi's plot while everypony is busy admiring the baby.

"Well, I know all about super strong flying..."

"...and I can help keep tabs on her magic!"
Methinks a certain power couple are already daydreaming about foalsitting.

"Twi and I are gonna be the coolest aunts ever. I'm just sayin' what everypony's thinking."

RD thinking to herself, "Yeah, the freakouts really do run in the family."

The Crystalling (Part 2)

It's time to wrap up The Crystalling with part 2! Slightly fewer scenes than the first half of the premiere, but there's still plenty of TwiDash to be discovered in this episode.

Luna's talking, but Dash appears to be looking slightly further down, at somepony else.

Honorable mention. When Twilight gets assertive, RD knows to pay attention.

I actually had to pause this sequence from frame to frame because the scene was over so quickly. Notice how as the ponies are splitting up into the two main groups, Twi's eyes...

...remain completely fixed on Rainbow...

...for the entire scene. I guess stealing a reassuring glance at your marefriend is the best way to warm up before facing down a snowpocalypse.

A wide-eyed Rainbow unsubtly ogling her crystal princess.

RD is too busy zoning out over Twi to laugh at AJ's joke with the rest of the ponies.

And she followed that plot all the way back home to Ponyville, the end.

That does it for the season premiere! I've reviewed up to episode 15 so I'll try to get as many episodes as I can screenshotted and posted over this coming week.

No Second Prances

Not much actual TwiDash to report in this episode, so instead, I present to you a short story. I call it Rainbow Dash and Starlight Glimmer Have a Reasonable Conversation.

"Starlight, I know you're Twilight's new pupil, and that's totally cool. But I can't help but notice you haaaave been hanging around her, like, a lot. Even for a pupil. I just want to clear up any mixed signals that could potentially cause problems in the future..."

"OH, AND HEY, WANNA SEE MY IMPRESSION OF YOU IF YOU MAKE A PASS AT MY MAREFRIEND?"

[explosion]...

...[followed by nervous laughter]

"So, we on the same page?"

Fin

The next episode up is Newbie Dash, so we'll be back tomorrow with your regularly scheduled TwiDash.

THANKS FOR CONTINUING THIS LEGACY. I love these so much :rainbowkiss:

This is awesome. :rainbowkiss: I've never heard "Canon TwiDash" before now. I really regret that, since I've been a TwiDash shipper for about a year now. I'm gonna read season 1-5 right away! :twilightsmile:

I can't wait to see more from season 6 as well :twilightsmile:

Newbie Dash

Thanks for the kind words, everypony! This is a lot of fun to do. I'm almost finished reviewing episodes for the season, just need to get caught up with screengrabbing and posting them. Also, this episode is a TwiDash jackpot.

As a disclaimer, I'm also adding a few Scootadopt-ish moments from the episode, since I love Scootadopt, especially when it's presented as part of TwiDash shipping. Sorry if somepony reading this really hates Scootadopt; just try to ignore it, I guess? I'll add a tag to this episode in the index just in case it's a total deal breaker for some ponies and they want to steer clear.

Anyways, with that out of the way, we've got a lot of TwiDash to get through, so let's get going!

A quick bit of Scoot being adorable to set the stage.

"Anypony seen my wing balm?"
Since it's canon that RD taught Twilight how to fly, I'm just gonna go ahead and consider it (head)canon that she also taught Twi how to apply wing balm.

Twilight gets best view for once...

...and is too preoccupied with Rainbow to even notice or comment on the disaster of disorganization that is Rainbow's hastily packed luggage.

A well-timed pause that I had to include because Dash's expression is priceless.

I like how even though the other ponies are the ones asking Dashie questions...

...she's looking at Twi when answering them.

Subtle. An annoyed-looking Twilight wishes Rarity would get out of the frame.

Had to pause this because the scene goes by pretty fast. RD starts off talking to Fluttershy, but is once again talking to Twilight by the end of her sentence. It's pretty telling how often her focus unconsciously gravitates towards Twi during group convo scenes like this.

Damn, Twi. Try and look any more proud of your Wonderbolt.

Twilight's "How can a pony so hot be so clueless?" expressions are in their own league of TwiDash. Bonus Spike looking...off.

Rainbow letting her inner egghead out. And a great example of Rainbow being knowledgeable in a way that doesn't have to do with Daring Do books. Instead of immediately forgetting all her Wonderbolts history after passing her entrance exam in Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3, as you might expect her to do, Rainbow has developed a legitimate appreciation for history.

Getting Dash not just to learn history, but also to really enjoy it and see the value in it, shows just how much influence a certain Alicorn has on her.

I have a lot of these funnily-timed pauses for this episode. In this one, Twi has forgotten that she and Rainbow are in public, and gets ready to pounce!

"We know you're tired Rainbow Dash..." Twilight trying and failing at hints.

Rainbow and Twi desperately wish the other ponies would leave the party early to give them some alone time.

Saucy Twi has the utmost confidence her marefriend won't be in the dumps for long.

Y'know, Twilight didn't have to fly up the stairs to have this conversation. She could've just talked to Rainbow from the lower floor. But nope, gotta be up close and personal when delivering a bucking up.

Since this is Rainbow's impression of Twilight, can we consider it canonical that Twilight wears nerd glasses, even if only off-screen? I'm cool with that. In fact, now I'm imagining Rainbow borrowed Twi's glasses (without asking) before she left Ponyville the second time, all for the sake of doing this impersonation.

"You know, I was just reading about how dihedral wing angles can help increase stability in banking turns..." That's not just an impersonation of Twilight's mannerisms, like she did with the other Mane 6. That's Rainbow actually doing research. More subtle Twi influence.

"A lot of ponies call me Reading Rainbow Rainboom." Dashie strokes her face lovingly while remembering a pet name so dorky only Twilight could've come up with it.

Honorable mention. RD dreading letting down her ponies.

Twi admiring Scootaloo's cuteness. Twi and Scoot don't get nearly enough screen time together, which is a shame, because in future episodes (and some comics) we see that Scootaloo looks up to Twi and thinks she's awesome (even though Twi probably doesn't go bungee jumping or scooter racing). They remind me of Atticus and Scout from To Kill a Mockingbird.

"Rainbow Dash is a pretty resilient pony..." You would know, Twilight.

Love Twi's look when she sees Rainbow. Also bonus strung out-looking Apple Bloom.

"Hey, can I borrow Scootaloo?" I love how she addresses this to Twilight. I imagine Twi has heard this seemingly innocuous question enough times before to know Rainbow's probably up to something dangerous.

"Rainbow, maybe it would be best if Scootaloo stayed-"

"Okay, yeah, sure, cool, back in a bit!"

Honorable mention. Twilight enjoying being buzzed by Pegasi.

Fluttershy is terrified, Rarity annoyed, and AJ amused at Rarity's annoyance. Twi, meanwhile, is sitting there thinking, "That's my mare."

That face when you see canon TwiDash approaching you at near-supersonic speeds.

In all seriousness, Twilight's expression here is echoing her and Rainbow Dash's meet cute from way back in season 1. Nice to know she still finds Rainbow's aerobatics as jaw-dropping as ever, even after years of knowing each other.

RD + Twi + Scoot screentime will always be awesome. What a cute family.

Dashie doing her best to be a good role model to Scootaloo. One last family photo to end the episode on.

What an epic episode for TwiDash. A Hearth's Warming Tail and The Saddle Row Review should be up relatively soon, as well, so stay tuned.

A Hearth's Warming Tail

The TwiDash in this episode is pretty subtle, at least until the end. A couple things about it caught my eye, though.

Sorry, the images are a little fuzzy on this one.

It's a shame we got to hear Twilight's Pinkie Pie voice but not her Rainbow Dash voice.

Also, let's consider Snowfall Frost for a second: magically talented? Check. Spends all her time locked away, studying? Check. Learns the value of friendship and community? Check. If Twilight is imagining other characters from the story as her friends, it's obvious that she would normally imagine herself and not Starlight as Snowfall Frost, which makes her imagining RD as her - and I quote - "loyal assistant" pretty darn cute.

Oh, yeah, Twilight has definitely imagined herself as Snowfall Frost before.

At the very end of the episode, Twilight lets an excited RD have the honor of turning on the castle's holiday lights (they're shown lighting up in the shot immediately after Rainbow plugs these cables together). It might be your castle, but RD's totally the head of this household, Twi.

This episode's crowning moment of TwiDash comes as Hearth's Warming Eve Is Here Once Again (Reprise) plays over the outro. It's one of the shippiest sequences I've ever seen on MLP. During the song, pairs/couples of ponies are shown as lines from the song are sung. I've included all of them, y'know, for context:

"Can hardly wait..."
As the rhyme goes, "Berries of white, kissing's alright." The leaves look like holly but those berries are totally mistletoe. Wow, Rarity, what ever could you be trying to tell Fluttershy by adorning her like that? Romantic, check.

"We'll party til late..."
Remember, according to the Spirit of Hearth's Warming Present, who is a parallel of Pinkie herself, cupcakes as Hearth's Warming Eve gifts mean "I love you." Wow, AJ, what ever could you be trying to tell Pinkie by giving her a cupcake like that? Romantic, check.

And, finally, "Our favorite date..." (not making this up) plays as these two lovebirds are featured on screen, fulfilling that whole visual/narrative rule of three thing. Romantic, check. Also, it did not go unnoticed that instead of exchanging mistletoe or romantic cupcakes, these two just exchange smiles and knowing glances. I get the feeling the presents these ponies got for each other are a little too mature for a children's TV show.

What a cute family enjoying their holiday party.

That's all for this ep! Lots of TwiDash coming up next with The Saddle Row Review.

Ugh. This spam project is being revived? Fuck.

There's nothing else going on in this forum, and I'm keeping it contained to one thread. No reason to be so rude.

I appreciate that you manage to remain within site rules, thus are not subject to being reported. But responding to rudeness in kind is fine. The original project was poorly conceived, and even today it's still filled with shit images of "animation transition frames" and trying to call them "bedroom eyes."

Maybe if you went for quality instead of quantity, this wouldn't be something worthy of nothing but scorn and mockery. As it is, all you're doing is posting a bunch of poorly chosen screencaps, and trying to call it TwiDash. Other pairings have their idiots and awful tropes others point at and laugh, we have to endure this.

The Saddle Row Review

And we're back, this time, with a Rarity episode that contains a surprising amount of TwiDash. Since the next couple episodes are pretty sparse on the screencap material front, I'll take what I can get, y'know? Anyways, time to strap on the shipping goggles and get on with the scrutinizing!

And we begin in media res with an implacable Twilight Sparkle chasing the plot into frame.

Addressing the group, looking up at Rainbow.

Now's really not the best time to stop and flirt with your marefriend, Twi.

"I'll do the talking, Rainbow. You hover there and look pretty."

Honorable mention. Love the shared expression of exasperation.

AJ and Rarity talking, neither Twi nor Rainbow appear to be following their conversation.

Honorable mention here.

Another honorable mention - quite a few of them this episode. Synchronized wing movements, and expressions.

Rainbow trying her best to resist Twilight's adorkableness...

...aaand failing.

One more honorable mention group shot for good measure.

Rainbow is more interested in Twi than in Rarity's freakout.

"And we can stay true to your vision!" Twi shifts her gaze to the very smug Element of Loyalty when she gets to this part of the pep talk.

Come on, Rainbow, just a bit closer! Careful not to poke your eye out, though.

And a sneaky hoofhold while everypony's eyes are closed! What a shot to end the episode on.

The next big TwiDash episode is Stranger Than Fan Fiction, IIRC. There are still a couple moments to go between here and there, though, so we'll be back next time with Spice Up Your Life.

Spice Up Your Life

Not much to be found in this episode (which is understandable, being a Rarity/Pinkie outing) except in the opening scene.

Honorable mention. Rainbow (and the rest of the ponies) admiring Twilight's magical handiwork.

"Rainbow Dash and Twilight in Yakyakistan!" Oh, how I wish that could've been an actual episode.

And that's all I've got. Stranger Than Fan Fiction is up next.

Stranger Than Fan Fiction

Not much TwiDash besides the opening scene. This is the Rainbow Dash I wish we got more of instead of the whole "self-centered idiot" Rainbow she's often written as: the Rainbow that not only notices how Twilight is feeling, but tries to make her feel better - even if that means downplaying her own excitement, which is usually something Rainbow is none too good at.

Anyways, time is shipping, as they say! On with the episode.

I don't know which is cuter: Rainbow's rapt face while Twilight is reading to her, or the fact that Twilight apparently reads to Rainbow.

"You read. I pack. That's the deal!" TwiDash demonstrating the importance of maintaining equal partnership in your relationship.

I know Twilight's a fan of the Daring Do books and all, but I get the feeling she's more upset over missing out on quality time with Dashie than missing the convention in general.

"I wish Princess Celestia didn't need my help with the friendship summit in Griffonstone." Wait, Twilight, are you saying...

...you'd rather spend time with RD than go to Griffonstone? Because we all know how you feel about visiting Griffonstone.

Flashback: she feels pretty strongly about it.

"Don't wooooorry..." Rainbow sporting mad bedroom eyes while trying to comfort Twi.

Maybe the sight of plot will lift her spirits.

In the end, it took a cheeky cuddle to wipe that frown off Twilight's face.

"So, you know, Twi, I'm done packing but I don't leave until tomorrow morning..."

That's all for this episode! I'm trying to get the entire season posted before my spring break is over, so with a little luck I'll have another one or two more episodes up tonight.

The Cart Before the Ponies

Disclaimer: there aren't any Twilight/Rainbow Dash moments in this episode, so I've hijacked it for Scootadopt purposes instead, because Scootadopt stories are my favorite subgenre of TwiDash shipping. If that's not your cup of oats, turn back now! I'll make a note by this ep in the index just to make it extra clear for anypony who might not like such things.

However, if you're like me and are ready for some Scootadopt feels, let's continue.

"I want you to have as much fun as I did as a filly!" Yeah, you're sounding more motherly than sisterly here, Dash.

The way Rainbow says "I've got tons of ideas!" sounds really Twilight-ish.

Aaaand now I'm imagining Rainbow Dash the handypony doing home repairs around the castle - and taking the opportunity to teach Scootaloo how different home systems work.

About the above: it's a bit of a tangent, but I've headcanoned Rainbow as having a hidden talent for working with her hooves and building things since Applebuck Season.

Flashback: seriously, that would take some skill to build.

You know, with the number of times RD has worn purple outfits in this show, I'm beginning to think it might be her favorite color or something. I wonder why.

Rainbow was born to be an over-competitive sports parent. Not pictured: her decking Cheerilee over a bad call.

Next episode is 28 Pranks Later, which means a return to regular TwiDash! It should be up soon.

28 Pranks Later

Wow, it's just like The Mysterious Mare Do Well all over again! Because we totally needed another story where RD is written OOC as an unempathetic idiot, with the added bonus of Twilight being written as a cardboard cutout who can only communicate via lecturing.

Regardless of my, ahem, nitpicking, I've gleaned some TwiDash from this offering. Behold!

"And I can do funny!" "I know you can..." Love those looks, you two.

Serenity now, Twilight. Serenity now.

Twilight's been missing out on her share of plot stare opportunities this season.

"I'm not sure she understood what we meant." Wouldn't be TwiDash without a how-can-such-a-hot-pony-be-so-dumb moment.

I like how, out of all the ponies the CMC are shown visiting, Twilight is the only pony Rainbow personally offers cookies to.

"If she looks back, that means she's interested. Come on now, give me a little look. A little glance back. Give me that smug look and be on your way." Oh, wait, that quote's from In The Line Of Fire, not My Little Pony. Same difference.

Also worth noting Rainbow is so fixated on that plot she hasn't even noticed she's no longer holding any boxes.

The face you make when your marefriend accepts your peace offering and you don't have to sleep on the couch.

RD imagining Twilight tasting the rainbow.

She's also not sure how she's supposed to feel about zombie plot.

Really, the 'taste the rainbow' jokes write themselves.

That just about covers it for 28 Pranks Later. I'll be back tomorrow to continue with the rest of the season. There's plenty to cover in these last 11 or so episodes.

The Times They Are a Changeling

Nothing much in this episode save for one quick flashback.

Honorable mention. "I had never seen true friendship like that..."
You mean love, Thorax. You had never seen true love like that.

That's all I've got, until next time!

Dungeons & Discords

As it is with spotlight episodes, pretty much any TwiDash here comes from the opening and ending scenes.

Subtle, but an interesting visual motif nonetheless. Twilight and RD wearing the complementing scarves (Twi's red-on-yellow and RD's yellow-on-red) they've had since Tanks for the Memories.

"If he messes with us, I'll turn that yeti...into confetti!" Rainbow unsubtly tries to impress with her bravado.

Rainbow maintains best view as the Mane 6 are shown walking into frame.

Usually Rainbow is the one being embarrassed by Twilight geeking out over something. Ah, how the tables have turned!

Subtle. Rainbow's RPG class is some kind of rogue, and we all know how rogues and princesses tend to get along in fiction. For a crash course, read Alfred Noyes' 'The Highwayman' or just watch the original Star Wars trilogy (/s).

The Fault in Our Cutie Marks

Disclaimer: since there's no real TwiDash in this episode, it's getting the same Scootadopt treatment as The Cart Before the Ponies! Albeit with Twilight instead of RD. Twilight and Scootaloo don't get nearly enough screen-time together. This is the last Scootadopt episode for the season. I'll note it in the index, like with the other ones.

There's a handful of cute moments that jumped out at me:

"I know someone who just might..."
Ignoring the someone/somepony flub, I think it's pretty endearing how Scootaloo immediately thinks to go to Twilight for help.

"But Twilight...!" Disappointing your filly is never easy.

"Come on, Crusaders, let's tell Twilight!"
Scootaloo's excitement here is adorable.

"You actually got a griffon a cutie mark for the first time in recorded history?" Try and look any prouder of your filly, Twi.

And that's that. Like I said above, it's all normal TwiDash for the rest of the season, so thanks for bearing with me on my Scootaloo tangents. I'll be posting a short entry for Every Little Thing She Does next, and then it's on to Top Bolt, the TwiDash MVP of the season.

Every Little Thing She Does

Like much of the latter half of S6, there wasn't a whole lot to find in this episode. Also, just a personal opinion, but the pacing of Starlight Glimmer's season-long redemption arc was really poor. I mean, it's two episodes before the season finale and she's just now figuring out that brainwashing ponies is bad. Enough about her, though, here's some screen caps:

"That's because it IS really bad!" Twilight channeling Rainbow's temper.

"Well here's a friendship lesson for ya! Don't cast spells on your friends!" Yeah, Rainbow's definitely rubbed off on her.

Honorable mention to end the episode with.

And with that episode completed, we move on to the episode we've all been waiting for - Top Bolt! Which is going to take me until tomorrow, probably, to compile due to the crazy number of screen grabs I have for it. After that we have the season finale, and then that's it for Season 6! Almost there!

Top Bolt

Well, we all knew this episode was coming up. This ep is, without a doubt, the pinnacle of TwiDash for S6. Seriously, just watch it already, if for some reason you haven't. Now, it's time to buckle up and adjust your shipping goggles accordingly - we're in for quite a journey with this one!

Misty Fly must be pretty tired of listening to Dashie going on and on about all of the plans she and Twilight have for the upcoming week.

Even the Cutie Map ships it.

"Hey, Twilight!"
Had to pause my video to catch this because Rainbow alights for only the briefest of moments. Yes, that's really Rainbow Dash's expression upon seeing Twilight. Now that's what I call C A N O N.

Aw, she just wants to relax at home with her marefriend more than anything.

"The good news is we both got called by the map!" "AWESOME!"
Dashie is terrible at playing it cool.

Twilight, distracted flying is a misdemeanor!

These two are just too cute. First elbow jab of the episode.

"You two are my favorite ponies in all of Equestria." Angel Wings also ships it.

"Between your flying skills and my teaching expertise, they could learn a lot!" Nice echo back to them talking about Flurry Heart in the premiere.

I wish more episodes had character chemistry this well-written, TwiDash or not. I'll get back to this point in a minute.

"This is so exciting!" Twilight echoing Rainbow's sentiments from earlier. Not only is she teaching a class, she's co-teaching a class with Rainbow Dash. Somepony needs to pinch Twi to make sure she isn't dreaming, because this scenario sounds exactly like something she'd dream about.

Personal space is overrated. These two sure are hoofsy this episode.

T-Sparks is shocked by The Dashinator's sassy plot. The nicknames these two come up with...

Honorable mention. As always, every good TwiDash ep needs at least one instance of unamused Twilight.

Having just woken up, Dash is unsure whether she's still dreaming or not.

Don't poke your eye out, Rainbow.

Shared "Can you believe this?" looks.

Personal space is still overrated.

"Somepony paid attention in class..." Lover's teasing and a subtle callback to Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3, to boot.

It's great to see Twi excelling as a teacher and Dash excelling as a coach, without one overshadowing the other. It's also just as great to see that both of their preferred methods have shortcomings that the other helps balance out. One of those rare episodes that plays on both ponies' personality strengths rather than forcing one to be totally right and one to be totally wrong for the sake of the story/drama.

Vapor Trail's comment about hitting the showers has given Dash an idea.

"I think Twi and I need to hit the showers, too, actually. We'll be back in 5. No, make that 15. Um, actually don't even bother waiting for us."

"Vapor Trail, between the stolen glances and "I just want to be with my best friend" lines, it's obvious the subtext between you and Sky Stinger is more romantic than platonic, much like it is between Dash and myse-"

"Getting a bit too real for Hasbro, Twi!"

Twilight Sparkle laments her life in the cartoon closet.

And yet another elbow jab.

Honorable mention. Dorks.

Personal space is overrated, and Dash looks extremely caught off guard by those bedroom eyes.

Touched on this before, but I'm really happy with this episode's portrayal of Twilight and Rainbow as a team. They were mature, respectful, trusted each other's judgment, and were able to compromise and work together like adults instead of getting bogged down in cheap drama for the sake of the story. It was one of the more nuanced and satisfying characterizations I've seen on this show, TwiDash or not.

I wish all the Cutie Map episodes had Mane 6 chemistry this good.

"I have a plan..." Oh, yeah, she was totally talking about the friendship problem.

Yet another hoof bump. Hoof bumps and elbow jabs seem to be in running for most iconic TwiDash gesture - at least for this episode.

Another honorable mention. So proud of their students.

Twi finds Rainbow's jealousy adorable.

More hoof bumping.

"It's good to be home..." Ready to settle in for some quality chillaxing time at the castle.

"Now we can finally catch up with some Daring Do..." After spending all of trials week together, Twi and RD's first order of business back in Ponyville is to spend even more time together.

Rainbow's not handling the thought of being separated from Twilight very gracefully.

PHEW, that's it for Top Bolt! It was a lot of work screen capping all that, but totally worth it. I think I'll go ahead and post the much-shorter season finale entries tonight just because I'm on a roll (and I have a lot of other IRL stuff that needs doing this weekend).

To Where and Back Again (Part 1)

We've arrived! At Part 1 of the season finale. Even though it's no Top Bolt, we've got a nice little coda of TwiDash
to end the season on. Let's jump in!

"I mean, you were pretty awful..." "Rainbow Dash!" "What? She was!"
Honorable mention. Also thanks, RD, for being the only pony to even try and hold Starlight to any sort of behavioral standard.

Rainbow's focus visibly shifts to Trixie and Starlight as the Mane 6 walk up, but her initial gaze is on Twilight and her brooding plot.

"You, me, throne room, now."

Twilight could not be any more conspicuous about her late-night rendezvous.

"Important business to attend to!" Not even Changelings can resist the promise of TwiDash.

Only one episode left to go! We're back, next, with Part 2 of the finale.

To Where and Back Again (Part 2)

This is it: the last, last episode of the season! I had a lot of fun doing this thread, and hope everypony reading this - whenever you're reading this - has had fun as well. There's one or two nice TwiDash moments left to go, so, what do you say? Strap those shipping goggles on one more time!

Everypony else is listening to Luna. Rainbow Dash is more concerned about seeing if Twilight is okay. Bonus best view.

"Somepony is really gonna have to catch us up on what we missed..."
Love that look, Twi. And with one last group shot, and Rainbow getting the last line of dialogue, we come to the end of the season!

And that's a wrap on Season 6! Thanks for reading! Barring anypony else doing it, I'll be back at some point in the future to do a thread for Season 7 (the MLP Movie will probably be included in that thread as well). Also, I have plans to do an archive thread for TwiDash scenes from the comic series at some point, but that's going to be a pretty sizeable undertaking and probably won't happen for a while. For now, my spring break is over and I have some IRL obligations to get back to.

Happy shipping and see you soon!

I just wanted to leave this here (From a Royal Problem):

Y'know, with the subtext and attention to visual narrative they put into the other dream orbs - like Derpy and the Apples - there's no way that was just an off-the-cuff animation choice made for the sake of background filler. I guess the real mystery is: RD's dream, or Twilight's? :rainbowderp: :twilightblush:

I really need to get around to doing that S7 thread I promised when I first did S6; shouldn't take me very long to get through what's already aired.

I'll just casually leave this picture here in the comments because DAMN LOOK AT TWILIGHT IN PANEL 4

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 27