The Twidash Army 569 members · 532 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Vertorm
Group Admin

Hello, TwiDash Army!

The TwiDash Group has reached a milestone: 3,000 members! In celebration of this event, they are hosting a special collab project that anyone can join. Timaeus made the actual post over in the TwiDash Group, but I am putting it here as well, and I hope some of you consider joining!

The following is Tim's post. Enjoy!

We're finally there! As of December 21, 2015, at ~8:00 p.m. (Mountain Time), we officially have 3,000 members celebrating TwiDash. A few of the longer-standing members will go on about when there weren't even 100 members kicking around here (looking at you, Blunderbolt), and we've come a long way since then.

To celebrate this milestone, we have decided to organize a single prompt collab written by multiple writers! Interested? Read on!

The prompt for this special is:

Twilight and Rainbow Dash travel to Baltimare for the annual Daring Do Convention (DoCon). What follows is a chaotic mess as Dash and Twilight encounter rare memorabilia, grumpy editors, and fans of varying degrees of insanity.

Actual cover art will be added once obtained.

Interested in participating? SIGN UP HERE!

Registration will be open until the ball drops in Times Square—December 31, 2015!

Rules and Info:

In a randomized order, each person will write a 500-1000 (1500 is the absolute limit) word continuation of the last person's entry. It is up to each writer how they want to present their part of the story, although it should make an attempt to flow smoothly.

There is no outline! Part of the fun is making things up as you go (just remember to keep it within the theme).

The time limit for each entry is three full days after receiving notification that it's your turn. You will receive daily notifications from me until the prompt is complete as a reminder. This is a somewhat fast paced collab (in comparison to some of the other collabs present on the site), so we'd just like to make sure that it doesn't get caught up on waiting a week for somepony to write their part.

Please keep it rated Teen or lower; the same rules apply as the original prompt thread, which you can find here.

When you have finished your entry, please post it as a comment in this thread with the total word count listed below. After we’ve had a few of submissions collected, we will edit them to ensure grammatical quality before posting them as chapters of a published story. If you’re worried about editing prior to posting on the forum, feel free to PM me for help!

Extra note in regards to the time limit given per writer:

Say it's your turn, and you have three days to submit your prompt. You can, if you want, submit it on day one. That means that the next person gets those two days you didn’t use to work on their prompt in addition to their three days. If the next person also just takes a day, then two more days are added to the following person’s timeline, etc. Basically, even if people before you are faster, your due date won't change. If your chapter needs to be submitted by, say, the 21st of February, you'll stay on that day regardless of when the people before you finish.

Please do not try to influence the current writer with ideas either through forum posts or PMs.
The point of this exercise is for the authors to write something themselves, based on what the authors before them wrote. It's an exercise in following an existing story, and expanding on it, without knowing what came before until it's posted.

Questions? Comments? Did I forget something? Let me know!

Activity in The Army? What is this sorcery?

Vertorm
Group Admin

Don't make me tell everyone your darkest secret.

4939702 Please tell us all his darkest secret.

My secret is that I actually have a heart of gold, and I truly care about all my twidash members.

Or maybe it's the virgin blood I drink on every full moon. But that's not really a secret around here.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5